thirteen - dating

*Luke's POV*

"Luke, is everything okay?" Ashton asked, "With you and Dalaiah?"

I shrugged, looking down as my feet scuffed against the sidewalk outside the hotel. Calum and Michael walked a bit further ahead of us, laughing at something. "Luke, don't just shrug," Ashton snapped, growing protective and slightly irritated.

"Ashton," I snapped, "Stop pushing it. We're fine."

"No you're not. You wouldn't even look at her. What happened?"

"I kissed her," I confessed, "last night. After you guys fell asleep and I took you all to bed. We went to the back and the bus moved and we fell into the wall and I just... we made out."

"What happened?"

"I just left. I mean I really like her I just didn't know what to do and I got nervous and awkward so I just left and now I think she's mad at me."

Ashton nodded as his jaw tightened, "Luke, I love you. You're like a brother to me. I also love Dalaiah. I'm protective over her and I try to make sure she's always happy. I know you like her and I know she likes you. A lot. She talks about you practically every day. And I really want you guys to be happy but you need to talk to her. You can't just pretend this didn't happen. I know Dalaiah well and I know she probably thinks you hate her or regret the kiss because you won't talk to her now."

"I'll talk to her when we go back," I decided.

Ashton nodded with a smile, "I'll get out of the room and go do something so you guys can have some privacy."

"Thank you, Ashton. Not just for saying you'll give us privacy but I mean thank you for talking to me and you know just helping me out."

"Anytime," he laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dalaiah?" Ashton asked her as she rummaged through her suitcase. She looked up at him. "Um I'm going to head out. I'm meeting up with someone I used to know that lives here. I'll be back soon."

She nodded sadly and I could see what I had done to her. Ashton left the room, leaving us in an awkward silence.

"Dalaiah?" I asked quietly. Her head snapped up and she stared at me, frozen in place. "Can I talk to you?" I asked her. She nodded, standing up. I patted the space on the bed next to me. As she sat down, I thought of last night. She was an amazing kisser. It wasn't like she did anything overly special that made her a good kisser, but she was gentle and sweet. Her lips were soft and so were her hands when she grabbed my face. I realized I was staring at her and quickly blushed, turning away. "I wanted to apologise for not talking to you," I said, "I was being a dick and I shouldn't have." She nodded quietly. So I continued. "I didn't regret the kiss at all. I loved it, actually. It was amazing. I just didn't talk to you because I was nervous. I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything at all."

"I understand," she whispered. I smiled in relief and looked down at her, not knowing what to do next. I mean, we both like each other. Are we going to do something about it or just pretend none of this happened?

"What do we do next?" I blurted, blushing at how dumb I sounded. 

She giggled and shrugged, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, we both like each other. So what next?"

"I don't know. What do you want next?"

"I want for us to be able to kiss like we did last night more often. I want to take you out with me."

"Luke, what are you even talking about?" she sighed.

"Dalaiah, I want you to be my girlfriend," I whispered, "So... Will you?"

She smiled, "What do you think my answer is?"

"Well I can only hope it's a yes," I laughed nervously. 

She nodded, leaning over and kissing my cheek, "It is."