twenty-six - amends

I woke to a loud knocking on the bedroom door.

"Dalaiah?" my mom's voice yelled, "Open up, sweetie."

"Go away," I called back, "I want to be left alone."

I could hear her sigh and she walked away. I wiped my tear stained cheeks tiredly and sat up in the bed, looking around the room. What a lovely way to spend a day. Luckily, I had my phone in my hoodie pocket. I pulled it out and opened up Twitter, instantly seeing my mentions flooded with tweets from fans. Luke and I never officially announced our relationship but we let it be known. Going out in public, having cute conversations over Twitter, taking pictures. Would all of that be gone? Would Luke and I break up because of whatever he's mad about? I closed out of the app as my thoughts got confused and threw my phone onto the bed. I lay there, staring at the ceiling in boredom for a long time.

"Dalaiah?" a new voice called. Ashton. "Can I come in?"

"Are you alone?"

"Yeah."

I pulled my body from the bed and walked over to the door, unlocking it but not opening it before walking back to my bed, "It's open."

He slowly turned the doorknob and stepped into the room, closing the door and smiling limply at me as he sat on the bed, "So what's wrong?"

"Everything," I groaned.

"Tell me in more detail," he laughed, "I mean... What happened today with you and Luke?"

"Did my mom call you?"

"Yeah..."

I sighed heavily and began to tell him what happened. Everything from start to finish.

"So, Luke got mad when you asked him how he felt about the pregnancy scare, right?"

"Yeah," I whispered.

"Maybe it really bothered him. I mean, you'll never know unless he tells you."

"And he won't tell me."

"Exactly. Look, I'll go talk to him. He's lying in his room and won't talk to his mum. If everything goes alright, I'll send him in here, okay?"

"Thank you, Ash."

He kissed my forehead softly, "No problem."

~~~~~~~

*Luke's POV*

Ashton stepped into my room uninvited, but I didn't care too much at this point of despair. I knew I messed up big time.

"What happened?" he asked, sitting at the end of the bed by my feet.

"Dalaiah already told you," I said, rubbing my face with my hands, before dropping them onto my stomach.

"I want to hear it from you," he said, patting my leg, "so start talking."

"She had a pregnancy scare and she knew about it for like a week. But she just told me today because she said she didn't want to worry me about it until she knew for sure if she was or not."

"And did you get mad at her?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, "I don't know if I'm mad at her. I just... I was upset she didn't tell me. I mean, my own mother knew before I even did!"

"Well, your mum was the one that told her she might be pregnant and got her to take the test," Ashton said. I didn't know that."Luke... all I can tell you is you shouldn't get upset with her over this. She was scared to tell you because she didn't even know herself what was happening."

"I just... I didn't know how to react when she told me. I mean, no I'm not mad at all. Upset? Maybe. But I was mostly just scared. I can't even imagine what it would be like if she was pregnant right now. It just scared me and I didn't want to admit that to her."

"Well man the fuck up and go tell her that because she's in the guest room crying and thinking you hate her and that you're going to dump her."

Hearing those words hurt me.

"Okay," I said, standing up and smiling at Ashton, "Thanks, mate."

"No problem. Now go!" I nodded and walked out of my room, going into the guest room.

"Dalaiah?" I whispered. She looked up at me from her shroud of blankets. I could see the stained tears on her face. "I'm sorry for how I acted earlier. I don't hate you and I'm not mad at all. I was just scared. I didn't know how to react. I was frightened at the thought of being a dad right now and I was embarrassed to tell you that."

She gave me a sweet, dimpled smile and opened her arms to me. I walked over and pulled her into a tight hug.

"I love you," she breathed.

"I love you, too."

She smiled at me and scooted over, patting the bed, "Now come cuddle with me because I'm on my stupid period and I have the stomach flu and I feel like shit."

I giggled and scooted in next to her, spooning her and kissing her cheek softly, "Go to sleep, babe. I'll wake you for dinner."