twenty - love

"Knock knock," a small voice whispered outside the door.

"Come in," I said quietly, looking down at Luke who was in the same position he was an hour ago, his head on my chest and lying between my legs. Except now he was asleep. His cheek had turned a weird purple-brown-red-sickly green colour combination and was swollen quite a bit. A small cut was in the center of the bruise. Calum and Michael stepped into the room and smiled at me.

"Hey," I whispered.

"Hey," they whispered together. They both sat down on one side of him.

"How's he doing?" Calum whispered.

"Well, he finally managed to fall asleep," I said quietly. "But I'm not too sure."

"That looks bad," Michael commented, pointing at his cheek.

I sighed and threw my head against the headboard, "God, this is all my fault. I shouldn't have kept getting defensive against Steven because then he wouldn't have called me a bitch and Luke wouldn't have to defend me. He'd still be fine if I just kept my damn mouth shut for once."

"Don't feel bad," Michael said, "this isn't your fault. And according to Ash, Luke got him pretty good."

"Yeah, but Luke didn't pounce on him and knock him over like that."

"He will be fine," Calum said. "Just remember that. And hey, it's kinda cute. How he got all protective over you."

"He said he loved me," I whispered, "We haven't said that yet."

"Do you love him?" Michael asked.I nodded, "Yeah, I do."

"Then tell him," Calum said, leaning over and kissing my forehead, "We'll leave you be, though. We're gonna get back to Annabelle and Maggie."

I smirked at them, "That's really cute."

"They're coming out here tomorrow," Michael beamed, "Only for a couple days, but then we go back to Australia soon anyhow and we can see them then."

"Now Ashton's all alone," I pouted, "We need to hook him up with someone."

"Eh, he already has been," Calum smirked, standing off the bed.

"There's a girl we met a while ago, like before this tour. Ashton doesn't talk about her but they traded numbers and text a lot. Her name was Maddie."

"Is Ash gonna meet up with her when we get back?" I asked quietly.

"Well, it turns out she actually knows Maggie and Annabelle," Michael said. "They're bringing her here with them."

"That'll be sweet," I commented, "How long are they staying again?"

"Four days," Calum said, "but they're staying in a hotel that's like five minutes from here."

I nodded, "Well you guys go back to talking to them."

"Let us know if you need anything," Michael offered.

"Will do."

They left the room and soon I was encased in silence.

It was only a minute before Liz came into the room. "Just wanted to check on Luke," she whispered.

"Still asleep," I answered, running my hand through his thick hair.

"Okay," she smiled, "sorry to bother."

"It's fine," I smiled. She nodded and slipped out of the room. I was in silence again. Luke began to stir in my arm for a few minutes.

"Dalaiah," he whispered, reaching out, trying to find me.