twenty-five - doctors

"Mom!" I yelled excitedly, "Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!"

I ran into the kitchen where Andrew, Liz, and my mom sat. "Yes?" she laughed. I blushed when I saw Andrew. I couldn't tell her with him in here.

"Can I talk to you real quick?"

She saw the eagerness in my eyes and stood up, following me out of the room. "Yes?" she laughed as soon as we were out of earshot.

"I'm not pregnant," I whispered excitedly.

"You're on your period?" I nodded and she pulled me into a hug, "I'll tell Liz later. Do you still feel sick?"

I nodded again and she frowned slightly, feeling my hot forehead, "I really think you should go to the doctors. You've been sick for nearly a week now. Maybe Luke can take you?"

"I'll ask Luke," I said, "Okay, now you can go back to your breakfast."

She smiled and left the room. I walked back up the stairs to Luke's bedroom.

"Where'd you go?" he mumbled as I walked back into the room. He was lying on the bed in his underwear with the sheets covering half of his legs.

"I had to tell my mom something," I sighed, falling back onto the bed. "And she wants you to take me to the doctors."

"Still feeling sick?" he whispered, running his fingers through my hair. 

I nodded, looking up at his - beautiful I might add - face, "Yeah."

"I'll go call you in," he whispered, kissing my forehead before grabbing his phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So... You have the stomach flu," the doctor told me, "Really all you need is a lot of rest and keep drinking fluids."

He told us a bit more information on it, what might've caused it, what not to do, some home remedies I could drink that help flush it out quicker, foods to avoid, yada-yada-yada. I thanked him and Luke and I left the room.

"So, why didn't you go to the doctors earlier?" Luke asked. I looked up at him and blushed, suddenly flustered, "Well, I didn't tell you, but your mom and mine thought I was pregnant."

He nodded, waiting for me to continue as we stepped out of the building, "So, I took a pregnancy test. Four, just to be accurate. Three came back negative, but one was positive. We weren't too sure. Maybe the three negative tests failed and I actually was pregnant or maybe the positive one failed and I was fine. We just didn't know and I didn't want to worry you so we waited to see if my period started. It did today."

He nodded quietly. "Are you mad?" I whispered.

He quickly shook his head as we got to the car, "No. Of course not." He opened the door for me and I slid in before he ran to his side and slid into the car. He drove me back to his house in silence.

"Go up to my room. I'll bring you something to drink and I'll tell your mum."

"Thanks," I smiled, slipping my shoes off and going upstairs. It was quiet and dark as I slid under the covers, waiting for Luke. He didn't say much about what I told him earlier. I knew he had some thought or opinion on it but I knew he wasn't telling me, and probably for a reason.When he came back into the room, he had a Gatorade bottle in hand and a few movies. He dropped the stuff on the bed, slipped his shoes off, and grabbed his laptop before crawling under the covers next to me.

"Luke? Can I ask you something?"

"Eh, sure. Anything."

"What were you thinking when I told you about the whole pregnancy scare earlier?"

He shrugged, not really paying me any attention, "Nothing." His hands fumbled nervously to put the DVD into the laptop.

"Luke," I snapped, grabbing his hands in mine, "what were you thinking?"

He didn't look at me but only pushed my hands off of him and stood up, "Nevermind. You just need some rest." He quickly placed the laptop on his desk and pushed the movie cases onto the floor. He left the room. What the hell was his deal? I groaned in annoyance and buried myself into his bed as tears pricked at my eyes. I didn't want to stay in his room any longer. I pulled myself from under his covers, stepping onto his messy floor and snuck quietly out of his room and into the guest room my mom wasn't staying in. I slipped into the room quietly and shut the door, locking it. I threw back the pillows and buried myself under the sheets as I cried myself to sleep.