1. HUNTING SEASON

FOR NINE LONG MONTHS, I HAVE BEEN living as a creature of the night - a vampire. It may sound like a far-fetched tale to you, but to me, it was all too real.

It all started when I was just a mere seventeen year old. I had to flee from my deadbeat father, Gavin Baxter, and my wicked werewolf stepmother, Dina Wyatt. I left behind my stepsister, Ayla Wyatt, who was also a werewolf. At that time, I had no idea that they were also known as the Children of the Moon. I ran from Forks to Seattle, where I met my fate.

It was there that I was turned into a vampire by a female vampire named Victoria. I was then recruited into an army of revenge, with the sole purpose of killing one person - Bella Swan. The others perished, but I was spared, thanks to my invisibility. That day, I also had the chance to lay my eyes on four members of the Volturi.

After that fateful day, I found myself in London, all thanks to Carlisle Cullen. It was there that I met the British Coven, also known as the Khotlers Family. Gabriel was the leader, with Joseph as his second-in-command and Simon as his third-in-command. They were all married, with Helena being Gabriel's wife, Rhona being Joseph's wife, and Alana being Simon's wife. Alana also had a son named Ethan, and Simon was his stepfather.

My life had taken a drastic turn, and I was now a part of a world that I never knew existed. But I was ready to embrace it, for better or for worse.

Months had passed since I was welcomed into my new family, and I had learned so much about them. But nothing could have prepared me for the invitation I received to attend the wedding of Edward Cullen and Bella Swan. And yes, I was going to the wedding of a girl I had once planned to kill.

As I mingled with the other guests, I found myself meeting a vampire coven from Denali. Little did I know, this was just the beginning of the craziness that was about to unfold.

My childhood friend, Jacob Black, had become a shapeshifter and was now a wolf. I couldn't shake the feeling that he had disowned me because of my vampire status. And then there was Seth Clearwater, another shapeshifter who had imprinted on my stepsister and was hopelessly in love with her.

But things took a turn for the worse when Seth received a phone call from Dina and ended up fighting at Forks High School. It was then that I discovered the existence of the Children of the Moon. And that's when my own power was unleashed - I could project a purple aura force field out of myself. Thankfully, no one was hurt.

I was unconscious for two days after the incident, according to Carlisle and Helena. When I finally came to, I learned that Ayla had moved into the Clearwater family home and I had returned to my family in London.

It's been almost a month since that fateful day, and I've decided to take on the surname 'Khotler'. It's a new chapter in my life, and I'm excited to see where it takes me.

As I approached the tree where I had placed my hand earlier, I slowed down and crouched behind it. The cool air still brushed against my body, but now my senses were heightened. My muscles were ready to pounce at any moment. I waited patiently for the deers to show up, my eyes scanning the woods for any sign of movement.

But as the minutes ticked by, I realised that I had been too still for too long. I needed to move, to work on my hunting skills. Yet, the dawn had already begun to lighten the woods, and I felt powerless against the rising sun. It was as if the sun had a hold on me, dragging me into the day against my will.

Thankfully, the shadows in the woods were my allies. They hid me from everyone and everything, giving me the power to blend in with my surroundings. But even with this advantage, I knew that I couldn't stay still forever.

So, with a deep breath, I stood up and stretched my limbs. My joints and legs had been pleasantly awakened by the cool air and the stillness of the woods. I had been in the woods for three hours, but I had nothing to show for it. Or so I thought.