19. YOU AND HER? HER AND YOU?

AS THE DAWN BROKE, IT WAS AS IF THE HEAVENS themselves had opened up to greet us. The sun's rays beamed down upon us, casting a warm glow across the land. The sky was painted in a vibrant shade of orange, as if the gods themselves had taken up their brushes and painted the sky with their divine hands.

I stood there, awestruck by the sheer beauty of it all. It was as if the night had been shattered into a million pieces, and the dawn had emerged victorious. The red eyes of the vampires glinted in the sunlight, a reminder of the darkness that still lurked in the shadows.

But there was a catch to their feeding habits. They could only feed on the wicked, the evil, the corrupt. It was a strange and twisted code, but it was one that they lived by.

As the days counted down to the inevitable confrontation, I couldn't help but notice that Ethan was absent more often than usual. When I asked my family and fellow vampires about his whereabouts, they simply shrugged and said they didn't know. But I knew better. Ethan was out there, somewhere, doing something.

And then, as I sauntered through the woods, the sun shining through the trees, I noticed something strange. My hand was glowing, as if it were covered in tiny crystals. It was like I had just come home from a wild night out, covered in body glitter. But this was different. This was beautiful.

As I sought refuge under the sprawling branches of the tree, the sun's rays slowly began to wane, as if bowing to the approaching clouds. Once the celestial orb had vanished, I sauntered away from the tree and onto the soft bed of leaves and dirt. The forest was alive with the sweet symphony of birds chirping and animals rustling about.

Suddenly, a wave of laughter broke through the tranquil ambiance. I recognised the sound immediately. Scanning the woods, I spotted Seth and Ayla making their way up the path. Without a second thought, I dashed towards them, eager to join in on the merriment.

"Hey, guys," I exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear.

"Hi, Violet," Ayla greeted me warmly.

"We were just coming over to see you," Seth chimed in.

I was taken aback. "Really?"

Seth nodded. "I was planning to ask Edward to fetch you."

"Well, I'm glad I'm out here," I chuckled, slipping my hands into my pockets. "So, what's on your mind?"

Seth swivelled his head towards Ayla, his eyes brimming with curiosity. She began to speak, her voice laced with excitement.

"Well," she said, "I asked Charlie and Sue about it and they said it's a fantastic idea."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What idea?"

Ayla's lips curved into a mischievous grin. "As you know, Christmas is just around the corner—"

I gasped, causing both of them to look at me with wide eyes.

"You guys don't celebrate Christmas?" Seth asked, his voice laced with disbelief.

I stumbled over my words, trying to regain my composure. "I-I'm sure they do," I stuttered. "I just didn't realise how quickly time was passing."

Ayla's eyes sparkled with excitement. "Anyway, I was thinking that maybe you could come to Charlie's house for Christmas?"

My eyes widened in surprise at her request. "Wow," I managed to say.

"And your new family can come too, if they're not too busy," Ayla added.

I nodded eagerly. "I'll ask them."

Ayla beamed at me. "And don't worry, Bella, Edward, Jacob, and Renesmee will be there."