30. THE KNOWN AND THE UNKNOWN

THE CHAOS THAT ENSUED WAS LIKE NOTHING we had ever seen before. It was as if the world had been turned upside down and inside out. Irina, the beloved sister from the Denali Coven, had been taken from us in the most brutal way possible. The pain of her loss was unbearable, and it was only made worse by the fact that her killers were still standing before us, smirking and taunting us with their victory.

But we were not going to let them get away with it. No, we were going to make them pay for what they had done. And so, the fight began. It was a battle of epic proportions, with no end in sight. We knew that once it started, there would be no stopping it. It would only escalate until one side emerged victorious, and the other was completely destroyed.

Our side was determined to be the victors. We had to be. We couldn't let Irina's death be in vain. We had to avenge her, and we had to do it quickly. "Stop them!" Edward shouted, his voice filled with urgency. He lunged forward, grabbing Tanya's arm before she could charge at Caius with a wild cry of rage.

But Tanya was not easily deterred. She struggled against Edward's grip, desperate to get to her sister's killer. Carlisle stepped in, wrapping his arms around her waist to hold her back. "It's too late to help her," he reasoned, his voice calm but urgent. "Don't give him what he wants!"

We knew he was right. We couldn't let our emotions get the best of us. We had to be strategic, to think before we acted. We had to find a way to defeat our enemies without losing ourselves in the process.

Kate was a force to be reckoned with, a wild animal unleashed from its cage. She lunged forward, her eyes blazing with a fierce determination that sent shivers down the spines of those around her. Rosalie, the closest to her, tried to grab her in a headlock, but Kate was too quick, too strong. With a violent shock, she sent Rosalie crumpling to the ground.

Emmett, always the protector, stepped in to stop Kate. He caught her arm and threw her down, but the effort was too much for him. His knees buckled, and he stumbled back, gasping for breath. Kate, however, was not deterred. She rolled to her feet, her eyes flashing with a dangerous light.

It seemed like no one could stop her, but then Garrett appeared. He flung himself at her, knocking her to the ground once again. With a fierce determination, he bound his arms around hers, locking his hands around his wrists. Kate shocked him with all her might, but his hold did not break. His eyes rolled back in his head, but he held on, refusing to let go.

"Zafrina!" Edward's voice echoed through the field, piercing the silence like a sharp arrow.

Kate's eyes glazed over, her screams melting into a symphony of moans. Tanya's struggles ceased, replaced by a fierce demand.

"Give me back my sight," Tanya hissed, her voice laced with venom.

Edward hesitated, his eyes flickering between the two sisters. He knew the danger that lurked in their anger, the potential for destruction that simmered just beneath the surface.

"If I release you, will you strike me down again, Katie?" he murmured, his voice barely audible.

Kate snarled in response, her body still writhing in a blind frenzy.

But Carlisle's voice cut through the chaos, a calm anchor in the storm.

"Listen to me, Tanya, Kate," he whispered, his words carrying a weight of urgency. "Vengeance will not bring Irina back. She would not want you to waste your lives in this way. Think about what you're doing. If you attack them, we all perish."

Tanya's shoulders slumped with grief, and she leaned into Carlisle's embrace for support. Kate's movements stilled, her body finally at rest.

Carlisle and Garrett continued to speak, their words a balm for the sisters' shattered hearts. But Edward knew that the wounds they carried would not heal easily, that the scars of loss would linger long after the battle was won.