10. VISIT

IN THE AFTERMATH OF THE CHAOS, I gathered my family and announced my plans to visit Ayla with Seth. They accepted my proposal, albeit with a warning from Dad to not stay too long. His fear of the Volturi's impending arrival was palpable.

Seth wasted no time in informing his mother and Charlie of my impending arrival in Forks. A small get-together with the Cullens was on the cards, and I was eager to surprise Ayla upon my arrival. The first part of my plan was true, but there was more to it than met the eye.

As we pulled up to Charlie Swan's house, Seth filled me in on the latest developments in his life. Charlie and his mother, Sue, were dating, and she had moved in with him. It was a relief to know that Charlie wouldn't be alone in Bella's new life as a vampire. But I couldn't help but wonder what he thought of Renesmee. Did he know about her, or was he completely oblivious to her existence?

Seth was in his human form, dressed in a beige hoodie and black jeans. I opted for an all-black ensemble, complete with a laced-sleeved top, leggings, and small heeled boots. My trusty black leather jacket completed the look.

As he rapped his knuckles against the door, Charlie appeared before us, his chocolate brown eyes twinkling with warmth. His black hair was tousled, sticking up in all directions, as if he had just woken up from a nap. He wore a patterned shirt with a plain white tee peeking out from underneath, paired with black trousers - or pants, as they say in America - and sturdy hiking boots on his feet.

"Hey, kid," Charlie greeted Seth, enfolding him in a bear hug. He released him and turned to me, his gaze lingering on my face. "Hello, Violet. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing well, thanks," I replied, feeling a blush creeping up my cheeks. "I've heard that you and Sue are dating."

"Yep," he said with a loud 'P' at the end, a grin spreading across his face. "Sue and I started dating about a month ago and she moved into my house. Also, Ayla moved in as well."

"Is Ayla here?" I asked eagerly, my heart racing at the thought of seeing her.

"Sue's just picking her up from school," Charlie informed us.

"We could surprise her," Seth suggested, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Kid, she saw you every day," Charlie chuckled, shaking his head.

"I meant to surprise her with Violet," Seth clarified.

"Oh," Charlie rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "That makes sense."

A soft chuckle escaped my lips as Charlie welcomed us into his humble abode. The decor remained unchanged since my last visit, despite Bella's departure to live with the Cullens. I had expected a bit of a revamp, but it seemed Charlie was content with the way things were.

We made our way to the living room and settled onto the plush sofas. The television blared in the background, tuned to a football game. Same old Charlie, I thought to myself.

"So, Violet," Charlie began, breaking the comfortable silence. "What have you been up to in London?"

I grinned, "Oh, you know, just enjoying the rain."

Charlie and I shared a laugh, while Seth let out a small chuckle.

"Hey, Angela's dad mentioned you're in Oxford now?" Charlie continued, his curiosity piqued.