Chapter 3

When the sunlight shone through the crack of the thick curtain, Yuu opened their eyes a little bit at the bright light before covering their face. A sigh came out of their mouth.

They were sure they slept for more than 6 hours and yet, they felt like it's been 15 minutes. Their tired eyes refused to cooperate so Yuu rubbed them long enough to throw away the tiredness.

They then proceed to stare blankly at the ceiling for a few minutes.

"Mreow. I'll hit you... Ngyaa" the startled Yuu turned to look at Grim who's sleeping next to them.

That's right, they recalled that Grim told them that one of the room they let Grim borrowed had it's bed broken. However, they don't recall anything they said that lead to Grim sleeping on their bed.

Grim was not that heavy. Did the termites ate the woods? Did they even investigate?? Probably not. Sleep is the top priority.

They didn't know what time is it but they thought that it's time to wake up judging by the sun position. They will be late for work afterall.

"Hello! Hello! Rise and shine!"

A ghost materialised right above them.

Yuu was still muddleheaded so they just stared blankly at them. Their brain was slow to progress and when they do, all they said was, "Ah".

The other ghost materialised next to it and let out a snicker, "You look very tired. You should sleep the day away and you might not eeever hafta wake up again"

"Just like us! Hehehehe"

Yuu had an expression that slightly resembled closer to longing than pondering and muttered quietly "That sounds nice".

It's very quiet but considering that no one was talking other than them, the words can be heard clearly.

"..." The three ghost were speechless. the trio shared a look before whispering to each other worriedly.

"Hey, is this kid alright?"

"He look different from yesterday. think he's still tired?"

"probably, it's nice meeting new kind of people but this kid is kinda worrying".

Yuu groaned as they forced themself to sit up. Grim suddenly woke up to the sound and let out a surprised shout when he spotted the ghost.

"Gyaaa! the ghost, they came back! Let's go fight them again, henchman! "

"Ughh, they're fine" they yawned while stretching.

"What? what do you mean by that! Don't we hafta get rid of them?"

"This is their home" Yuu murmured drowsily, "we intruded their home. We can't chase them away".

They couldn't care less if Grim heard it or not or if he heard their mumblings at all.

Yuu made their way to the bathroom sluggishly. They also ended up tripping on the carpet and fell on the floor with a "Ooft".

"Huh, so you weren't lying when you said you're clumsy!" Grim who got distracted started to laugh at them. "Where did your eyes go, henchman?"

"Oh my, you should be careful kid. you'd get hurt".

"Hmm" Yuu replied with a vague noise as they lifted themself up with their aching arms.

"So I hear you'll be living here from now on? Hope you like pranks as much as we do! Ha ha ha!"

"...Kay".

-

"Good morning, Yuu. Did you sleep well?" Crowley walked in just in time they were ready.

Grim immediately send a look of indignation to him, "Not at all! When I sprawled out on the bed, the mattress fell right through the frame! Exactly how ramshackle IS this dorm? And worse yet, we got woken up by ghosts!"