Chapter 21

"Not a chance." Leona declined without any hesitation.

"You didn't even pause before answering..." Jack trailed off, not feeling upset at all judging by the tone.

Yuu stood awkwardly at the background. Another part of them was wary of the attention they received from the other members of the dorm and the other part was too tired to care about it. Seeing that the latter is winning, they ignored their gaze, of curious or disdain, they don't want to know.

They were expecting to be a smooth progress, they didn't expect to see that many were still lounging at the lounge area, talking and laughing at dead of night where people were supposed to be asleep. Though, they supposed, this is normal for them since they are part animals. If yuu aren't mistaken, lions, too, are quite active at night.

Leona grumbled as he crossed his arms, sharp green eyes focused on the cat. "No pets allowed in the dorm. They shed all over the place."

Grim scowled at those words, standing on his two feet as if to make himself tall in an attempt to intimidate which made no difference at all. "First of all, I AIN'T NO PET. Second of all, I DO NOT! Aren't you guys, like, a billion times furrier than me?!"

"This is about you, not us." Ruggie chimed in. However he was stunned in place momentarily when he unexpectedly saw Yuu. He then waved hesitantly at them to which Yuu replied back with the same thing, albeit sluggishly.

He grinned widely in return before perking up to Leona's words, slyness and mischief flashed across his face.

"Ooh, I know! Why don't you just bunk with 'em in your room, Leona?" He suggested.

"What!?" Almost everyone in the area shoot a look of horror and disbelief to Ruggie. Even Jack himself lose his composure and had his mouth wide opened at Ruggie's bold idea.

Leona's tail swished angrily, finding the mere thought of sharing his living quarter with the herbivore displeasing.

"Ruggie, if you keep flapping your lips, you're about to find 'em sewn shut."

Ruggie only giggled in respond, clearly getting used being threatened like this. "Think of it this way, Leona. You're used to havin' people do everything for ya, right? What if we put 'em in charge of serving you instead of charging for room and board? Seems like a win-win to me."

"Grr... Ruggie, you little..."

"Hey, I still ain't fully healed up from the interdorm Spelldrive tournament, y'know?" He held both of his hands up defensively. "I dunno if it was that major magic I chugged a whole potion to use or what, but hard work's been wearin' me down more than ever lately. And if I might remind you, Leona, I busted my tail for you. So I'm thinkin' I'd heal a whole lot faster if I had these guys waiting on you for a while!"

"Tch. You're a regular mercenary sometimes."

"Hey now, I haven't said a single dishonest word! Shyeheehee."

"Maybe, but I don't let just anyone cozy up to me like that." He huffed. He did not forget about that declaration of making Yuu's life difficult. He glanced at a certain group and called them out. "Hey, boys! C'mere a sec!"

The group of familiar faces perked up at Leona's summoning. The group of three different animals of predators jogged to Leona hurrily lest his mood become foul.

"Yes, sir! You called, Housewarden?"

"Huh? Oh hey, isn't this tiny guy the one who followed the shmucks to spy on Savanaclaw before the Spelldrive tournament?"

"Oh yea, you're right! His good scent bring back the memories. Ain't every day an escaped quarry comes back to us! Heh heh heh!"

All three of them eyed Yuu like they were a piece of meat. Jack noticed this and growled warningly at them, his tail bristled and erected.