Chapter 28

They slipped into the Savanaclaw mirror under the gazes of Adeuce duo. The sense of being watched promptly disappeared once Yuu popped out on the other side of the mirror.

The cold wind brushed past them while the moon hung high in the sky. The only light in the area was the dorm that served as their guide amidst the darkness.

The walk there was filled with Grim complaining about why they had to follow Yuu to Savanaclaw when they didn't have any business there anymore and occasionally demanding food.

Yuu ignored them again, and the same went for Jack, though he occasionally glanced at them with his wolf ears flickered. Jack didn't voice out his thoughts, but he had a feeling that he knew why Yuu was going to Savanaclaw.

Once they entered the dorm, a few students were still lounging around in the area, which is not a surprise for beastmen.

Perhaps Yuu still reeked even though most of their wounds were healed because everyone there suddenly zeroed in on them in sync with interest.

The room instantly burst with murmurs.

"Heyyy, Jaack? Whatcha got there?"

"Y'all smell that? He smells very good."

"Yo, is this the one that made a mess out of those dudes? He's tiny!"

"But he bites! Careful there!"

Jack growled when he heard something worrisome in there, "Hey, I suggest you back off. He's here to see the housewarden."

"Whaa? What for?" Said the one with pinkish-purple hair. His animal ears, somewhere between triangular and round shape, were black in contrast to his hair color, making Yuu think he dyed his hair.

Or maybe it's normal because animals can't be pink and purple.

"Housewarden Leona is about to go to sleep right now. He's gonna be moody when you disturb him. Ya know him," he continued.

Jack glanced at Yuu, who did not budge even a little bit, so he knew that Yuu still wanted to see him.

"We'll risk that," said Jack with confidence.

The pink-haired male looked at his friends and shrugged before turning away. "Aight, have it your way then."

Jack nodded, and they finally left the area and headed to the room where Leona slept. One of Jack's ears turned instinctively to where the lounge room was, where a bunch of beastmen were still talking. They all sounded like buzzing, but if Jack focused and picked them apart, he could tell what they said.

Jack tried to flatten them to decrease the noise, but he ended up trying to listen to all of them because he had just picked up something concerning.

"–Magicless student, right? Do all people like that smell good?"

"–Made me hungry. I'm starting to crave smoked meat. No, actually, what does raw–"

"–No one will notice if he's gone, right...?"

"He's only one–"

Jack's blood ran cold.

He was now covered in cold sweats, knowing what sinister thoughts his dorm members held. What did he expect from beastmen?