Chapter 17

A/N:

There's not a lot to be said but I'll probably be gone for a long time. Currently busy with assignments and stuff.

So anyway, here's another new chapters. It's 5 in totals by the way.

Don't forget to vote and comment, Hope you guys enjoy it.

-----

"Do you have a plan how to approach this matter?" Questioned Jack on the very next day.

He was inside their dorm and Yuu don't think they heard him announced his presence by knocking on the door or maybe it's just their own fault for being too detached with the world.

"A plan...?" Yuu murmured. Not bothering to recall, they chose to return the question with another, "for what?"

Jack looked at him funnily. He thought that it was a joke but Yuu sounded genuinely confuse despite their monotone voice. "We need to deal with Azul Ashengrotto, remember?"

"Ah..." Yuu listless gaze trailed off to the floor before unapologeticly said, "I'm sorry to say this but I won't be joining this... thing."

"What are you sayin? Are you ditchin the punishment the headmaster gave you? Hey, that's not cool at all."

"...And?" Yuu retorted halfheartedly before covering their yawns, a single tear formed in the corner if their eyes. "Does it matter?"

Without waiting for an answer, Yuu turned around and head to the kitchen. Jack stared back with dissaproval and decided to voice it out.

"I understand that you didn't want to involved yourself at first but the headmaster himself decided to punish you. Shouldn't you carry out your punishment properly as a prefect?"

Yuu stopped in their track. Jack waited for their response calmly, thinking that he finally made them think carefully about their decision.

"Don't care. Please leave."

Jack looked suspiciously at Yuu who just slouched on the chair and closed their eyes.

Yuu felt different today. There was something off about them. It could be because Yuu had unexpectedly called out Crowley. They had always have that quiet demeanor and doesn't talk back a lot.

They also seemed to be the type to care a lot about their friends too judging by their behavior during Leona overblot but nowaday, ever since they had came to the Mostro lounge, Yuu who was already quite distant made it looked like they were out of reach.

Like they could just leave the next day and no one will know.

His eyes weren't the same anymore. Their eyes looked at them like they were strangers instead of friends.

"It seemed you are startin to fit in around here a little TOO well." Jack huffed, neither proud or dissapointed. He continued, this time, a tinge of concern seeped into his voice." Are you sure about this? Is there somethin troublin you?"

"....."

Yuu remained motionless, not even trying to pretend to sleep.

"I see..."

Yuu thought he will finally leave, they honestly don't have any mood for this. Everything seemed to be monotone now and they have no motivation nor any thoughts to spice their life up.

Suddenly, they felt like their feet weren't touching the ground anymore and they barely registered that they got held by the back shirt like the way he hold Grim by his scruff.

The chair made a screech when it got dragged on the floor as they got plucked out of the seat.

"....Huh?"