Chapter 30

Maniacal laughter echoed in the air, and the sounds of screams and something zapping were everywhere.

"You there—give me your lightning magic! And you, give me your athletic ability! Give it all to me! All of it!" a voice so deranged it couldn't possibly belong to Azul shouted with twisted glee.

All around them, students began to fall down, and a light of some sort with varieties of shades began to come out of them and head toward Azul at a lightning speed.

"What's Azul sucking outta these people?! They're all collapsing after he's done with 'em!" Ruggie shouted in alarm, hiding behind a turned table that served as a barrier while eyeing the bodies in his wake.

There are still students here, lots of them, and they tried to run away, but to no avail. Azul was simply a very good aimer.

Leona scowled at the situation. If he had known it would lead like this, he wouldn't have done that, but it's not like he can regret about it. It's already in motion.

"Looks like his signature spell sucks EVERY power out of someone if it's not channeled through a contract. I'm betting the contract is like a filter that limits his magic's effects," he grunted, hiding behind the very same table Ruggie used. Kinda pathetic of him, but he's not risking Azul taking his magic and making an even more fool out of him.

"What?! Kinda terrifying, don'tcha think?"

"Yeah. The backlash from using taboo magic like that is gonna exceed his blot tolerance in no time," said Leona as if it's not a big problem.

"Azul! What are you doing?!" they both peeked out to see Jade watching in disbelief, emotions flickering past his face.

"Whoa, yikes. What's goin' on here?" said Floyd, who looked around at the horrifying amount of fallen students and toppled tables and couches that are placed untidily.

In the next second, the first years also arrived, standing right behind the Tweels who appeared to be taken off guard. They were about to handle the Tweels with caution when they realized that there was an even bigger thing to be aware of.

"Dude, this does NOT look good!" Ace staggered at the sight. He could already guess what's going on with him just by the ink markings and volatile behavior.

Deuce gasped, reaching the same conclusion as Ace, "Azul is going out of control! Is this what I think it is?!"

"Looks like he's sucking different students' powers outta them by force." Jack stared intensely at the magic coming out of the students and into Azul, prompting another shrill laughter out of him.

"Eeep... Leona! You were bullyin' him, weren't you?!" Grim pointed his paw at Leona when he saw him peeking out of his hiding place to examine the surrounding.

Leona scowled at the accusation, "Now you're blaming me? You're the ones who told me to turn the contracts into sand."

"Then why did he overblot!? He's not supposed to know that you turned the contracts to sand!"

"Jade! Floyd!" the first years froze in their tracks when Azul's attention is fixated on the Tweels who are before them.

"Ahhh, you've finally come back to me. Would you believe that thanks to these FOOLS—" Azul hissed with contempt while gesturing wildly to the whereabouts of Leona and Ruggie and then glaring at Yuu out of all of them "—I've lost all of my contracts? Which is why I'm going to need your powers now. Come on, give them to me!"

"Hold on. Your signature spell is so powerful, it's impossible to control without a contract scroll. You know better than anyone what will happen if you do this!" Jade's soft-spoken tone raised as he tried to reason with him. It was a bit surprising, which only served to remind people that this is very serious and terrible things are about to happen.