𝟬𝟮𝟭. 𝗥𝗔𝗩𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝟮𝗫𝟬𝟴

Stiles and I run outside

Stiles and I run outside. I see Noah and wave at him. "Hey, can't talk, gotta run." Stiles says and I stop, looking up, feeling this huge disappointment going through my veins.

"Hey, wait, wait, wait. Whats wrong?" I ask him and he stops, turning around. "Nothing." He says and I frown, looking at Stiles. "Where's your gun?" He asks and I look at where his gun is supposed to be.

"I left it at the station, along with my badge." He says and I frown, what? "What?" Stiles asks for me and Noah shrugs. "It's all right, you know what? We'll talk about this later." He says and wants to leave again.

"Dad-" Stiles tries, but Noah shakes his head. "Don't worry about it." He says again and I shake my head. "Dad!" Stiles says and again and Noah sighs.

"It was decided that the kids of a police chief stealing police property and having a restraining order filed against them by one of the towns most respected attorneys did not reflect well on the county." I look down, the annoying overwhelming feeling of self-hatred.

This is our fault, we did this to him. His favourite thing to do is taken away from him and there's nothing he can do about it. I clench my fist, suddenly feeling a wave of anger going through me.

It disappeared as soon as it came, but I still felt it. Surprised by my own emotions, I look at my fist. I slowly let go of the tight grip and look back at Noah. "They fired you?" I ask softly and he shrugs.

"No. Look, it's just a leave of absence. It's temporary." He says and I look down. "Did they say it was temporary or..." Stiles says and he shakes his head. "Actually no." He says and sighs.

"You know, it's fine. Don't worry about it. Hey, we're gonna be fine." He says and walks inside. "Dad," Stiles says again and I look down.

"I don't get it, why aren't you angry at us?" He asks and I look down, the tears starting to well up in my eyes. "I don't know." He says, looking down.

"Maybe I just don't want to feel any worse than I already do by uh, having to yell at my... kids." He says and nods. Walking away, closing the garage door. "Oh shoot." Stiles whispers to himself, making me look at him.

"We'll fix it. With my power-" Stiles looks at me and sighs. "Don't you get it? That's exactly why he's fired. Because of us, and our secrecy. We have to make it right this time." He says and I nod. "We will." We get in the Jeep, a saddening silence washing over us.

This is our fault.

+

We picked up Scott and pretended everything was okay. "You okay?" Scott asks once Stiles opens the trunk. "Yeah why?" Stiles asks and Scott sighs. "You both just didn't say anything the whole way here." He says and I shrug.