27

I walking back to Lincoln's cave as I walked into the entrance I saw the trio scrambling to gather their things and stuffing them into their bags. I cleared my throat trying to grab their attention from what they were doing. Their heads snapped to me and I saw all three of them sigh in relief of me being there. 

"Good your here we are all leaving fro a bit I'm going to seek refuge in another clan at the ocean, where as Trish and Dion are going back to their home village to stay with their families with this war going on between us and the sky people. You need to leave with me or stay cooped up in that bunker for a while to be safe" Lincoln rambled while continuing to run around and grab different types of stuff. 

Everything he was saying was just scrambling my head shaking my thoughts I shook my head and said "I can't leave if my friends are in danger I need to fight this for them and with them" Trish huffed and mumbled an I told you so to her brother. 

"They will kill you Sky if you stand in their way they will kill you" Lincoln said making me scoff and laugh at him.

"I think you underestimate my skills Linc ill be fine, I need to do this I can't run" I exclaimed "Ill see you guys when its safe again" I said waving and running out from the cave and to my bunker to grab my things.

Octavia's POV

After finding out that Murphy had been carrying a virus, my first thought was Sky she had been one of the first ones to come into contact with John and the closet to him at the time. She hasn't even been checked over by Clarke so she could be dying right now. I can't even go and check on her as Bellamy has placed me on lockdown. 

I was about to go up to the third floor of the drop ship to where the non-infected delinquents are when Clarke cut me off "Octavia wait I need you to sneak out of the camp again" she said making me sigh and drop to the floor. 

I ran into Lincolns cave "Lincoln? Linc" I shouted walking inside he runs over to me and starts checking me over for any injuries making me confused. Thats when it hit me. 

"You knew" I stated looking up at him making him sigh and his shoulders sag "I tried to get you out of there" he said trying to justify his actions making me scoff. 

"Yeah well I was a little preoccupied finding one of the many delinquents that came down in the drop ship that had been infected by your people. People are dying. Clarke sent me here to get a cure" I stated skipping straight to the point. Lincoln backed away and let out a huff of air. "There is no cure" This comment my my anger skyrocket. 

" So you were just gonna let people die? you were gonna let me and Sky die?" I asked raising my voice a little and walking closer to Lincoln so we were chest to chest. 

"The sickness passes quickly. few are immune. we use it to soften the battlefield I am not surprised you and sky are one of the strong ones" He said making my head snap to him. 

"Wait battlefield?" I asked confused Trish then came out from the back of the cave and walked over to her bag and picked up her stuff "They attack at first light" she stated then being joined by her brother. 

"Where are you guys going?" I asked them it looked like they were packed for a long trip. 

"Head allowed us to return to our village teens as we didn't have anything to do with the Bridge ambush or- never mind" Dion said glaring over to Lincoln slightly making my head tilt. He then pulled his sister out of the cave and starting their journey. 

I looked back over to Lincoln shaking off that confusing conversation and said "You have to help me save them" before sitting down on Sky's old bed. 

"I can't I tried. my people now think that I am a traitor" he said this isn't making any sense but also feel bad for him. 

"Because fo the bridge? you were just trying to make peace" I said trying to make sense of the situation he just shook his head and a look of guilt flashed on his face. 

"Its not because of the bridge" he stated sternly. this made me think what could it be unless- wait. shit. " Because of me? oh" I said that's why Dion was pissed. 

"That doesn't matter now. Im leaving Octavia. right now. I want you to come with me" he said walking u pro me and grabbing my Hands making me shake out of his grip and scoff "And go where?" I asked genuinely curious. 

"East of the sea, across from it there Are allies of the woods that would take us in" he instead. I can't believe he would run away from his friends. Family. 

"I can't just leave my brother to die. what about sky" I said I couldn't believe what he was suggesting. 

"Its too late to save anyone now Octavia" he said moving to grab his stuff. 

"I can warn them" I insisted this caught his attention again 

"Octavia they'll kill you. If your there at dawn-" he said but I cut him off "I won't be. Ill be with Sky. safe we can do this together" I said smiling lightly at the thought. 

With that I left the cave and went outside to try and find the checkpoint that sky had left to lead me to the path to her bunker. 

I found the bra in the trees and the red cloth around the bark of a tree and followed it. Once I got to the end I saw Sky sat outside on the floor sharpening a sword making me break out in a smile and run over to her, thankful that she wasn't infected with the virus that Murphy brought into the camp. 

"Sky" I shouted she turned and I engulfed her into a hug to which me laughed and returned her embrace. We bot pulled back and she said "O we have to go and warn the others the grounders are gonna retaliate for the ambush o the bridge" while grabbing her stuff and handing me over the sword. 

"I know that why I came to find you, what's this?" I asked her. "This is for you Trish gave it to me but I don't think I would have much use of it. Not really a sword person." she said with a warm smile. 

"Thankyou" I said hugging her again and pulled he