37

I was trudging through the water not having any luck finding these fucking beetles with Linc. When I heard Octavia start screaming, I immediately stopped what I was doing and started running over to where we had left her not too far out of our peripheral vision. The only thing going through my head was making it to her in time. 

"Octavia. Octavia. What is it? Hey. What- what's wrong? What- Wait, wait, wait. Hey!" I said once I had got her I brought her into my arms and held her as tight as I could. She was trashing and continued to scream until she said " I saw a man. It was- it was a- a monster." 

"It's the poison. You're burning up. We have to hurry. I know what we have to do." Lincoln said collecting our bags. I lifted O into my arms and followed after him. "What are you doing? Where are we going?" octavia asked "Just hold on O please" I whispered into her ear and her eyes slowly started to close we need to move faster and that's exactly what we did. 

We had been walking for around 45 minutes and I was still teaching octavia Trigdashleng trying to keep her eyes open and her mind working mostly for my peace of mind so I knew she was still alive. 

"Ai laik Okteivia kom skaikru en ai gaf gouthru klir" she repeated once again. 

" Once more. Come on, say it come on" I said trying to keep her going. "Ai laik okteivia kom skai- you know, you still haven't even told me where we're going." she started again before stopping. 

"Cant you smell it we are nearly to the sea" Lincoln said from the front obviously wanted to keep Octavia in the dark for as long as possible. 

"No, I can't smell anything. Skylar, I'm scared." she said looking up at me with tears hanging over the edge of her eyes, breaking yet another piece of my heart. 

"its okay O, I won't let anything happen to you" I promised leaning down and kissing her forehead. And with that we continued walking until we eventually made it to the statue Linc was on about. 

"Sky you stay here with Octavia I will be back soon" he said making me nod before he looked down and the girl in my arms "Now sleep. Be back with the antidote as soon as I can." he said

"You brought me to your village?" she questions trying to look around to try and figure out where we are the statue confirming what she thought. 

"I won't let you die" he said no apology in his tone he wasn't sorry for doing this and I was thankful. 

"Lincoln... Lincoln! " she shouted "Sky tell him, they will kill him" she pleaded "Im sorry O but if this is the only way to get you the antidote then I would do anything" I said back. 

"They will only kill me if they catch me. You underestimate me Tavia" he said walking backward with a slight smirk. " Stay alive and stay quiet Sistris" he told me making me nod and hid myself and Octavia behind some bushes where I could still have eyes on her and the statue for Lincs return. 

Octavia was still asleep by now the sunlight had gone and Lincoln still had not returned. That is until I saw a figure come around the back of the statue, I took one of the axes off of my back and made my way out of the bushes "Wheres Lincoln ?" I questioned the random grounder. "He sent me, he is currently being punished for the crimes he has committed against Trikru. Where is the girl?" He replied not giving anything else away about the condition of Linc

I lead him over to where octavia was currently asleep, I shook her shoulder waking her "Here O drink this" I said 

"What is it?" she questioned "Drink or die" the grounder man behind me said bluntly. She looked around my shoulder she looked back over to me questionably but I just shook my head. So she drank and not long after she fell back to sleep, I was anxious I didn't know if she was going to get better. I couldn't stop watching her and spinning the ring on my finger. 

"She will be fine, she got the antidote just in time" the grounder said just as he said this Octavia started to wake up, making me rush over to her and pull her into me. 

"You are feeling better" the grounder asked, this whole time I haven't even talked with him to worried about Octavia's condition. 

"Who are you and where is Lincoln" she questioned clearly reading my mind. " I'm Nyko. Lincoln is my friend. That's why I helped you." he replied. With that Octavia started to stand. "You can stand. Good. Because now you should both run" he added. 

"Wheres Lincoln?" she asked not liking the idea of running. 

"He's answering for what he's done. Because he helped you, our clan is vulnerable. If the reapers come, we can't even fight them off" he said bitterly. Making me stand slightly infront of octavia incase he had a revenge plan in mind. 

"Wait, wait. Are you saying that they caught him? No, no. Wait. They'll kill him. We have to do something. Please. You said he's your friend. We have to do something." she pushed me slightly out of the way to get a better look at Nyko. While these two was having a conversation I moved around pretending to gather our stuff

he just shook his head "I did do something. I saved your life. Now run." as soon as that sentence left his mouth I took the handle of my Axe and hit him on the back of the head knocking him out instantly.

"Thank you for saving her life" I said before me and octavia gathered our stuff and I picked the guy up leading him into the village.