36

We stopped to take a break near a river octavia was in no shape to be hauled around without any stops. Her wound still needed treating. 

I had been carry8ing O for the last 1 hour and half and to be honest my arms were hurting. I set her down softly so her back was leaning on a log before sitting down next to her. Linc didn't sit down, he immediately got to work on finding resources to make some medicine for Octavia. 

I started to get up to help after all Trish did teach me most of what she knew about making medicines out of things around you. I miss her, and Dion it doesn't feel right being without them, I might not have known them for a long while but they were the first people I actually felt safe around included if you understand. 

"Stay, teach me some Trigedasleng please " octavia said with a pout grabbing onto my arm. So that's exactly what we did to pass the time. 

" Ai laik Okteivia kom skaikru en ai gaf gouthru klin" octavia repeated looking over at me for approval. "Klir, not klin. Gouthru klir. try again" I said smiling. We continue that for a while.... "Again" I repeated. 

"Ugh... Why do I even have to learn this? Linc, Dion and Trish speak English?" she questioned obviously having had enough of this. 

"Only our warriors speak English. When we get to the sea, you need to sound like one of us " Lincoln said coming closer to us with the mixture of different plants and pastes in his hands. My head snapped up to him " I can't go to the ocean without Miller, I told him to go to the bunker if he got into trouble. I need to check there before I go anywhere" I said making sure he understood that I wasn't gonna run from the promises I made to his father. 

After Lincoln sat down and started treating O she grabbed the notebook Linc had gave me to find the reapers from where it was tucked into the back of my trousers. She started flicking through and stopped on one page with a statue drawing on it. "Tell me about this one." she said looking over to Linc. He looked up from what he was doing to see what tavia was talking about "A statue near my village. A place we go to settle disputes." he said before going back to what he was doing analysing where to pull the arrow out from. 

" Stop stalling and pull it out. No warning? Nothing? I take it back. No warning is better. Ahh. Oh, my God." Octavia started when I suddenly reached over and pulled the damn thing out. "oops.." I said looking back at her where I was rewarded with a glare from the pretty brunette. 

"You asshole that fucking hurt" she said "Don't swear at me, I don't like it" I said pouting "Then don't do stupid things like pulling ARROWS out of peoples legs" she bit back "You told me to" I said pointing her making her cross her arms and slap my finger out her face "And don't point at me" she mumbled under her breath. 

"Are we having our first domestic?" I questioned jokingly trying to make her laugh which I was successful at as she started to smile. 

out of the corner of my eye I saw Lincoln put the arrow to his tongue and lick the tip. huh that's what she said making me laugh. "Poison' he stated that made me quit the laughing and look at him with panic knowing that he didn't have any antidotes on him. 

"I'm guessing this means you don't have the antidote?"  octavia said slightly panicked making me grab her hand and rub small circles into the top of her hand. 

" No he gave the rest of it to Raven to save Finn" I said starting to pack the stuff we got our up and into bags. " Okay so we go back" she questioned starting to get increasingly more worried. 

"No we don't have time, we also don't know what's going on over there"  i said raising to my feet and starting to pace "Damit!" I shouted frustrated with myself. The only place we could go was to lincs village. I looked over to him to see if he had the same idea which he did. 

Octavia saw us both looking at each other and said "Lincoln, we are not going back to your village. You know what they to traitors." "Octavia" he said trying to reason "Death by a thousand cuts. Every single member of your clan will take a turn stabbing you, and then they'll feed you to the bugs. it's what you told me." she explained I knew the story Dion had explained. 

"She's right" I agreed it was a dangerous option, I just need to think. Come on Sky think. 

"Wait the Beatles I remember Trish telling me about them feeding on the river moss, that's were the antidote comes from right so. You wait right here, you are gonna feed on the beetles. It will work" I said not staying long enough to hear Octavia complain about how disgusting that was. If she needed to eat a couple of bugs to stay alive then I would force feed her if I have to.