12. Just Kiss Me

Eden

I woke up feeling a pair of lips on my forehead. It startled me as I was in the middle of a pretty steamy dream about Reed. When I opened my eyes, Brynn was grinning like an idiot as she stood over me. Her green eyes were bright with mischief, and her red hair was all styled.

"Jesus!" I cried out.

"Morning, Sunshine." She laughed. I growled as I sat up, crunching my book and my phone lying next to me. "I've gotta get going, but I wanted to say goodbye at least. Will you be home for dinner tonight? We should go out somewhere."

"Aw, look at you being all grown up and starting the day early." I teased before letting out a giant yawn. "I'll be at work, but maybe I can bring food home."

"Whatever, up late last night?" She asked, raising a brow.

"I stayed up late reading; then Reed drunk dialed me." I laughed.

"Oh, do tell!" Brynn immediately sat next to me.

"It was just a sweet little conversation." I shrugged, thinking about how adorable he sounded the entire time. "He didn't really say too much; then he fell asleep." 

"You've got it bad already." She observed, standing back up.

"What? No, I don't. It's super new."

Brynn rolled her eyes at me. "I can see it in your eyes; they light up just talking about him. You're all about him" She bopped me on the nose, knowing I was not too fond of it.

"I do like him, but we'll see how it goes."

"Mmhmm. I saw how he was looking at you at the restaurant; I think the feelings are mutual." She grinned. "Have a great day, dear!" She sang down the hall before leaving.

After Brynn left, I scooted down the hall to make myself some coffee and wake up. I couldn't help but wonder how Reed was feeling. He hadn't seemed to be completely wasted on the phone. I grabbed an apple, then fixed my coffee up just right. Just as I sat on the couch, someone knocked on the door. I assumed it was Brynn, having forgotten her keys or something.

I opened the door to see Reed standing with an apologetic look. His hair was a mess, looking as if he came straight from the shower and annoyingly handsome. He held up a coffee cup and a box that I assumed held pastries or doughnuts. He gave me a weak smile.

"Good morning," I smirked, knowing he had to be feeling a little worse for wear.

"I am so, so sorry." He stood in the doorway, looking a bit like a lost puppy.

"Come in." I held the door open for him, the smell of sandalwood filling my nose as he walked past me. "You also don't have to apologize for anything."

"I woke up this morning with my phone in hand; the last call was to you. I remember a little of our conversation, but if I said anything inappropriate or .."

"It's fine. You were adorable." I laughed at his nervousness.

"The coffee is for you, and these are some fresh baked goods." He offered them to me. "I'm not a big drinker, really, so just having an extra beer last night kind of made me a little buzzed. I feel like an idiot." Reed slid his hands down into the pockets of his jeans.

"Thank you; I just made a coffee, though. How about you have that one, and we can sit and enjoy these together." I held the box up as I led him toward the living area. He nodded in agreement, following along. He sat at the end of the couch, sipping the coffee. I opened the box, pulling out a plain cake doughnut and taking a bite. "I was going to eat an apple, but this is so much better." I smiled.

"Is your roommate here? I brought enough to share." He asked, looking around.

"Nope. She left early. Just me." I sat the box on the coffee table, grabbing my coffee. I watched as Reed watched me, the way he had been since he showed up. I hadn't even thought about it, but I realized I was in my pajamas. A skinny tank top with tiny shorts. It left little to the imagination. I cleared my throat, putting the coffee down. I couldn't decide if I should excuse myself for a robe, grab one of the throws, or act as if it was no big deal.

"I hope I'm not keeping you from anything; I suppose I should have called or texted before just showing up." He anxiously ran his hands up and down his upper thighs. Even wearing jeans, I could see the muscle in those thighs. I tore my eyes away from his legs and back up to his face. Long lashes framed his hazel eyes as he watched me watching him.

"You're fine." Definitely fine. "I told you I have a half-day. I was hoping we would get to hang out." I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and scooted myself closer to him before remembering that I hadn't freshened up. "Actually, if you don't mind, give me a minute to change." I stood quickly.

"Oh, of course. I'm sorry." Reed stood awkwardly.

"Just hang here; I'll be right back."

I rushed down the hall into my room, immediately grabbing things from my dresser. I never in my life tried to make myself presentable so quickly. I brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, and made myself as good as I would get in such a small amount of time. When I returned to the living room, Reed was leaning his arms on his knees, scrolling through his phone.

"Much better," I spoke, returning to my seat.

"You looked amazing before. I liked the glasses." His perfect lips turned up into a smile as he quickly slid his phone into his pocket, watching me. My heart was fluttering about in my chest as our eyes met. He was ridiculously handsome, sitting on my couch in my living room.

"Thanks, I think." I laughed. "So, I'm curious...last night...how come you didn't want to enjoy the party with your friends?"

"Ah, well, we went to a pub near the apartment, which was fine. Hugh and Bennett, you met Bennett; they're my roommates. They made some friends and brought them back." Reed shrugged. "I guess I was too busy thinking about someone else." My little heart fluttered when his eyes met mine.

"Lucky girl," I smirked over my coffee mug. Then, without even realizing I was doing it, I scooted closer to Reed.

"I'm sorry, I can't stand this." I was confused as his large hands cupped my face, and he brought his lips to mine. His kiss was fervent, causing my whole body to ignite. I leaned into his kiss, returning the need and granting his tongue access. The kiss seemed to last an eternity, yet not nearly long enough when we pulled back. He leaned his forehead against mine. "I've wanted to do that since the moment you opened the door." He grinned.

"Next time, just kiss me, okay." I breathed out in response.