41. Yes

Reed

The dinner was delicious, the company was stunning, and now I stood with my girl and some others I'd never met before, waiting for Brynn and Tate to appear. I held Eden's hand in mine, feeling her nervous energy flow into me. She was so happy for her friends; I was too. I was happy for tonight; Eden had stressed about everything with the donor testing and me being away for games; I knew she'd been down. But seeing her endless smiles tonight made my heart happy.

Eden was drop-dead gorgeous in her black dress. She said it was a "draped, Bardot dress," whatever that meant. All I knew was that it accentuated her curves and pushed her amazing breasts up and on display. I felt myself trying to hide her all evening so no one else could see what was mine. I'd never felt so possessive in all my life but damn, with this woman. She had me locked down and didn't even know it. I felt undeserving as I stood next to her in my two-piece suit, just a black suit, and white shirt. I couldn't focus too much on our appearance because the doors came open; we all sucked in a breath expecting Tate and Brynn but instead, I was in for a shock. Bennett waltzed in with their friend Gemma.

I raised my brows, looking straight at him as he apologized for their tardiness. I looked down at Eden, who looked as surprised as I. She just shrugged her shoulders and smiled at me. I watched as Bennet held onto Gemma, making their way through the group until he was just behind me. Gemma greeted Eden, and they started their own conversation.

"Didn't expect to see you here," I commented, slipping a hand into my pocket while wrapping the other around Eden's waist.

"It is a public place." He smirked. "You clean up pretty good, Sawyer." He smacked at my arm before leaning down to give Eden a slight peck on the cheek. I clenched my jaw, surprising myself, wanting to shove him away from her. "Beautiful as always, Eden." She giggled.

"What are you two doing here together?" She asked, wagging her index finger back and forth between the two.

"I was rushing out of the shop when my stalker here bumped into me." Gemma began. "I made the mistake of mentioning this gathering, and he insisted that he tag along as well. So, I figured, why not." She shrugged. Her long black hair was wavy, flowing down her body. Bennett was wearing a full three-piece suit, one I hadn't seen him in before. I gave him a questioning glare, knowing I would have to find out more about this later. Right now, though, Tate and Brynn were squealing into the room. Well, Brynn was squealing. Tate was just grinning like a damn fool in love.

"CONGRATULATIONS!!" The group cheered out.

The rest of the evening went by in a blur. Eden introduced me to Brynn's parents, Tate's parents, and some of their mutual friends. I sat with Tate and the guys, all of us giving him a hard time about settling down. Eden made her way around the room, talking with all the ladies. I caught myself watching her every chance I got.

"You next?" Bennett asked, saddling up next to me.

"Next?" I asked, confused, as I sipped on my drink.

"The way you look at her, you are such a goner." He remarked.

"I am; I'm definitely a goner for her," I admitted, looking up to find her, our eyes meeting. Her lips twisted into a beautiful smile, her eyes glistening in the light. "What about you, though? Gemma?" I smirked over the edge of my glass.

"I ran into her as she said. Figured I'd crash the party." He shrugged, looking away. It hit me then that all this time, this woman that had been tugging at his cold heart strings was none other than Gemma, the barista! "She's the one; she's the one who left you and used your own words, isn't she?" I exclaimed much too excitedly.

"Nope." He said unconvincingly. Luckily for him, Eden appeared, and all my attention was on her.

"Hey, boys." She cooed. I could tell she was a tiny bit tipsy. "Mr. Sawyer, are you ready?" She leaned into me; I glanced at Bennett, and he nodded in understanding.

"You're ready to go?" I asked to be sure.

"I'm exhausted and a little buzzed." She snickered, covering her face. So adorable. "I'm just ready to be out of this dress."

I leaned down to her, whispering in her ear. "I'm ready to get you out of that dress." My lips brushed against her cheek as I stood back up.

"Let's go." She grabbed my hand, pulling me toward the door. I couldn't help but laugh.

We said our goodbyes and headed to Eden's apartment, knowing that Brynn would go home with Tate for the night. But, since we couldn't trust Bennett to provide us privacy, we opted for her place.

As soon as Eden had the door closed, she was shoving me against it. She slid my jacket down my shoulders and threw it onto the sofa. Then her delicate fingers began unbuttoning my dress shirt as quickly as possible. I grabbed her wrists, holding her still for a moment. I wanted to look into her eyes to ensure she was fully sober before we went any further.

"What?" She asked, staring back at me with a smile.

"You're beautiful." I stroked her cheek.

"Thank you." She reached up to kiss my lips softly. I leaned down my forehead against hers, holding her closer to me.

"Eden?"

"Mmmhmm." She hummed quietly, wrapping her freed arms around me.

"I love you." The words fell out of my mouth. I had been toying with those three words for several days now but wanted to make it perfect when I told her. I suppose my mouth had a mind of its own.

I saw her long lashes flutter as her eyes opened, and she looked at me. A smile slowly crept on her face, growing wider by the second. A stray tear slipped from her beautiful blue eye and rolled down her cheek before I could wipe it away. My heart was pounding so hard in my chest that I was sure she could hear it. I waited, hoping I hadn't said it too soon or made her feel she had to say it back.

"I love you too, Reed." She breathed out. "I love you."

I breathed a sigh of relief and held her tighter to me, kissing the top of her head. I pulled her back again, cupping her face in my hands and kissing those perfect lips I loved. My thumbs caressed her cheeks as my tongue swirled with hers. Her moans of approval were causing my dress slacks to feel uncomfortably tight.

"Come on." I took her hand and started toward her bedroom. "As amazing as you look in that dress, I need to get it off you. I want to show you how much I love you."

"So you like the Bardot dress?" She teased.

"It's the Eden Gray fuck me dress, and I love it," I growled, turning her around and tugging the zipper down as she giggled. I slipped my hands underneath to push it down, kissing her bare neck and shoulders. The lace matching black lingerie she was wearing was enough to make me moan in pleasure, much to her glee.

Eden pulled away from me, laying the dress in an empty chair before crawling into the middle of her bed. She kneeled there, tugging her hair down from its styled form. Then, she motioned with her finger for me to come to her, which I happily obliged.

"Show me whatcha got, big boy."

"Famous last words." I teased as I stripped myself down; tonight would be one hell of a night.