66. Yes

Eden

"Look up." Reed softly spoke, his voice sounding full of nerves. I looked up to see the number seven hanging from the ceiling the same way it was hanging in Brew. I closed my eyes, thinking for a moment, then opened them again when it hit me. He was recreating our first dates. I turned to look over at him to find out why, and when I did, my breath immediately left me in a gasp.

"Reed," I whispered, looking down at my handsome man. His brown hair was still messy from the bed, and his hazel eyes sparkled up at me. He had the sweetest grin on his face. My heart was thudding in my chest. A few months ago, when he was asking me to move in with him, I panicked at the idea of a proposal. It's crazy what a few months can change, though, because right now, I feel nothing but unwavering love.

"Eden." He croaked out, opening the small box in his hands. Inside was a small diamond ring, nothing over the top, something I would have picked out for myself exactly. "I was a goner for you on that very first date, the unofficial first date." He smiled as tears pricked at the corner of his eyes. "You're the most thoughtful, kind, selfless woman I've ever met, and no one has ever made me feel the way you do. I never thought much about my future other than soccer and my family, but now, it's all you. When I think about my future, you're all I see, and I can't do it without you. Will you, please, make me even happier than I already am and say yes to marrying me?"

I could barely see his handsome face as the tears blurred my vision. Finally, I couldn't take it any longer, and I kneeled in front of him, wrapping my arms around his neck and putting my lips against his. He kissed me back, our lips spreading and tongues swirling. My hand slid into his messy hair, pulling him closer to me as if we could meld into one.

"You." He pulled away for a moment before I attacked his lips again. "You didn't answer me." He groaned, holding me against him.

"Yes, baby. I will let you make me happier than I am right now by becoming your wife." I cooed, leaning my forehead against his as he fidgeted to remove the ring and slip it onto my finger. "I can't believe this. You did all this; how did I not notice you moving an entire table and chairs into the apartment?" I giggled.

"Lots of work, bribing and sneaking." Reed laughed with me before pecking my lips over and over. "I think it paid off, though."

"It did. It's the sweetest, most thoughtful thing. Should we get married at Brew?" I teased.

"You think you're funny, eh?" Then, he began a tickle attack on me, right under the Christmas tree. I couldn't stop laughing and squirming as we rolled around on the floor. He eventually let up, scooping me into his arms and then placing his lips on mine.

We kissed fervently, hands immediately roaming over each other's bodies. Reed gripped his hands in my hair, holding my face to his. Forced to break apart to take a breath, we leaned against foreheads, our eyes locking.

"I love you so much, Eden. Thank you. Thank you for giving all this a chance and for saying yes to becoming my wife." He cooed as he stood, pulling me up with him and carrying me back to our bedroom. I was in a haze of happiness as he laid me gently on the bed and began to undress me. I watched as he took his time, running his hands over my body and grunting as he lifted my shorts over my legs.

"I love you." I hummed as he pressed his lips to my thighs, making his way up my stomach, over my breasts to each nipple. He took them between his teeth in a soft nibble. I reached down, pulling his shirt up and helping him remove it. I wanted to feel his skin against mine. Taking the hint, he also removed his pants and crawled into the bed with me.

Reed hoovered above me, sliding my arms up and over my head. He held them in place with one hand while lifting me so that my center was ready to line up with him. His eyes glazed over in lust as he rubbed over my slit with his fingers, coating me with my own wetness. My back arched in pleasure, and to encourage him to continue. Finally, Reed slid into me, knowing my tells and that I was ready for him. I writhed underneath him as he continued to hold my hands in place. His mouth moved all over my body, kissing, licking, and sucking, leaving no spot untouched by his lips.

"Harder, baby." I groaned, needing him to take me.

"You feel so good." He replied as he nibbled at my ear. He released my arms and took both hands to my hips, holding me in place as he slid out and slammed back into me. I yelped with pleasure, wrapping my legs around him and holding onto his arms. We locked eyes as he slid in and out. He smirked at me as he reached down, rubbing my clit with the pad of his thumb before giving it a quick pinch.

Reed pumped into me at the perfect pace until we both climaxed together. My hands clawed at his back as I cried out while he leaned into me, growling his love for me. We were panting, sweating, and smiling like two fools in love. The only thought in my brain was that this man, this moment, I would get to have for the rest of my life.

*

"FINALLY!!" Lizzie squealed when we face-timed with her to share the news of our engagement and have our virtual Christmas. Reed and I both chuckled at her excitement. She was too cute.

"Ok, as I promised, I let you know first, so now you have to let Mom have a minute."

"Ugh." She huffed, handing the phone over to Lilah. Unfortunately, Lizzie and Lilah were at the hospital in the isolation unit. Allen, Marie, and Amy were at home; we would call them after.

"Congratulations." Lilah sang. "I'm so happy for you both and so excited to have you, Eden!"

"Thank you." I smiled, leaning into Reed as we sat together on the couch.

"How's your Christmas? Will the others get to visit today?" Reed asked.

"Oh, we're making the best of it." She smiled. "We opened some gifts this morning. Then, we had a lovely breakfast, and we'll get a little visit later with the rest of the crew."

"Next year, Mom. Next year we're going to make it the most amazing Christmas." Reed assured her. I could tell it was a bittersweet day for him.

We didn't talk long, wanting to share the news with everyone else. We spent some time speaking to his Dad and the others. They were, of course, over the moon excited. Amy surprised me and requested to be a bridesmaid; I immediately agreed, smiling so much my face hurt.

"Need some help, wifey?" Reed held my hips, swaying as I worked on Christmas dinner in the kitchen.

"Wifey?" I giggled. "I think I have everything ready; I just wanted to finish this little snack tray." I leaned back into him, smiling.

"Yes, wifey. As soon as you have me, we'll do this thing, and you will be my wife, and I will be your Husband." He kissed my cheek down my neck.

"That's usually how it works, babe." I turned in his arms. "You say when and we'll do it."

"You're amazing, and I'm a lucky bastard."

"Best Christmas ever." I wrapped my arms around my soon to be Husband.