30. Mom and Dad

Eden

Reed had thoroughly satisfied me, at least momentarily. I could already tell I wouldn't be tired of his bedroom skills any time soon. Sex with him was amazing, like nothing I could have imagined. Lying underneath him, looking into his hazel eyes as we both climaxed, I had to bite back the tears that threatened to spill out.

"You're so fucking beautiful," He whispered. The smile on my face had to be ridiculous.

"You're amazing." I cooed, leaning up, giving his lips a quick peck just as someone began to bang on his door.

"Sawyer! We have to go soon. Are you up?" Bennett growled out. Reed's eyes went wide.

"He is never up first and never fucking ready before me." He commented.

"Is your girl still here? Are you naked? Come on; I don't want to be late." He whined.

"I'm so sorry." He laughed. "This is the most bizarre thing. Someone stole Bennett and replaced him with a clone." I couldn't help but laugh. I was reveling in the bliss of the fantastic time with Reed.

I sat up in the bed, covering myself with a sheet. I watched as Reed hopped out of bed, his sculpted body and tattoos adorning it, causing my cheeks to flush. He was a gorgeous specimen of a man, and knowing he was mine, made my heart all sorts of happy.

"You ok?" He smirked, standing near his dresser, watching me stare at him.

"More than ok." I laughed.

"Twenty minutes and I'm out," Bennett yelled toward the door before I could hear him walking away.

"Fine! Now, go away." Reed laughed. He came back over to the bed, crawling toward me. He kissed my forehead as he ran his hand down my cheek. "Wanna shower with me?"

His adorable smile and hot body were hard to resist, so I took him up on the offer.

After the shower, Reed sent Bennett on his way. He refused my attempts to get an Uber and demanded he drives me back to my car. Which he did, resulting in whatever punishment from his Coach for arriving late. But he said it was worth it. The kiss we shared before he left me at my car had left me buzzing, even now, as I was about to head into the office.

"Caught ya." Brynn sang as I was about to go out our apartment door.

"Heading to work?" I laughed.

"No, sneaking back in this morning to get clothes for work after a slumber party with your boy toy." She sashayed into the kitchen, starting her coffee.

"I wasn't sneaking! I'm a grown woman; I can do what I want." I huffed hands across my chest.

"And did you do what you wanted, eh?" She waggled her brows.

"Brynn!" I could feel myself blushing.

"Was it good?"

"No." I paused, standing by the kitchen table.

"What?"

"It was incredible," I spoke softly, thinking back to the fantastic night with Reed. "I've got to get to work, though; I'm already running behind."

"I expect details later, my little love bug!" She called out as I went on my way. I shook my head, laughing at my crazy friend, heading to work on an emotional high.

*

The morning went by rather quickly. As usual, there was a lot of work to do, arranging signings and placing orders. In addition, there were a few work-related events I would need to attend soon, so I worked to plan the travel and accommodations for that as well.

Around lunchtime, I saw I had a sweet text from Reed.

Last night was wonderful; waking up next to you was even better, and I have no words for how amazing you are. I hope your day is going well.

I smiled, thinking about him sitting in the locker room, typing out the text quickly. I hope he hadn't gotten into too much trouble for running behind this morning, but I had to agree with him; it was worth every second.

I started to type a response to him, but there was a knock at the door before I could get one out.

"Eden, your lunch appointment is here," Helen spoke softly, poking her head inside the door.

"Who? I didn't have an appointment down." I stood, confused.

"I'm sorry. He said that he had an appointment with you about a signing event. Mr. Granger is his name." She shrugged, waiting for me to give her further instructions.

"That name doesn't sound familiar, but maybe I missed something." I sat at my desk, quickly looking through my schedule and any files on the computer.

"His assistant is with him as well, though I didn't get her name. Would you like me to ask them to come back another time?"

"No, that's fine. Send them up. I'm sorry, Helen; thank you for letting me know." I stood, straightening my skirt and preparing to meet whomever this individual was.

I responded to Reed and let him know I was having a busy day; he had already replied and requested I meet up with him this evening. I smiled, thinking about being in his arms again, when I heard a voice clear.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Hello. I apologize for the confusion; I did not have a meeting noted for today at this time. I'm Eden Gray." I placed the phone on the desk and extended my hand to a man who looked a little worse for wear. His assistant, the woman accompanying him, was waif thin and didn't look so well herself. I tried to push down any judgment and remain as professional as possible.

"Thank you, Ms. Gray. Perhaps my assistant here had the meeting confused herself." Mr. Granger sported salt and pepper hair, his skin leather-like, worn as he had spent a great deal of time outside. He was on the shorter side, but primarily due to a slight hunch in his shoulders.

"No worries. What can I do for you?" I leaned back against my desk. I watched as the assistant scanned my office and fidgeted as she stood behind the man. Neither one of them acted like any other meeting I'd had before. The hair on my neck stood as Mr. Granger stepped back, closing the office door, turning to me with a crooked smile revealing decaying teeth.

I quickly stood, reaching back for my phone. The uneasy feeling in my stomach was overwhelming. I prepared to dial for help when the woman spoke up.

"You've got a real nice office here. You seem to be doing quite well for yourself." Her voice rattled, sending her into a small coughing fit.

"Erm, Thank you. I suppose I do. Again, what was this meeting regarding?" I tried to come off confident and unphased.

"Well, we haven't been entirely truthful, you see. We didn't have a meeting but felt this might be the best way."

"The best way for what?" My hands were starting to shake as I unlocked my phone.

"To introduce ourselves. I am Mr. Granger. Mr. Glenn Granger, and this is June Stidham." They both smiled as if I should know those names.

"I'm sorry, I'm not familiar. I think perhaps there has been some kind of mistake." I tried to hold my composure as I walked toward the door.

"We're your parents, Eden," June spoke again.