Chapter Two: A New Life

WARNING: Slight Language Usage

——————————

Key:

(F/c) = favorite color

Bold text = English

Italics = thoughts

——————————

     You awoke to the ambiance of nature. After dressing, you stepped outside. Stretching, you glanced around to see if Urokodaki was awake.

     That's when you remembered what he told you yesterday.

     "Alright then, I guess I have the place to myself for a bit..."

     Upon going outside you saw Makomo, who was perched on a nearby fallen log. She noticed you and waved before walking over.

     "Good morning, (Y/n)-san. I trust your sleep was good last night?" Makomo asked.

     "Good morning, Makomo-san!" Nodding, you added, "It was probably the best sleep I've gotten in a while."

     Makomo gave you a closed-eyed smile. "That's good to hear."

     "Where's Sabito-san?" you asked, looking around for the fox masked boy.

     "He's not the best with newcomers." Makomo explained. "Knowing him, he's probably off in the forest somewhere."

     "Isn't the forest dangerous?" 

      Makomo was silent.

     "...Is that what he told you?" She said.

     "That's what Urokodaki-sensei told me."

     "Ah... I see." Makomo's gaze seemed to drift somewhere else. "How are you adjusting to this world (Y/n)-san?"

     "I think as long as I don't receive some large shock, I should be fine." You replied. "Your world is very different from mine, but in a good way."

     The girl tilted her head, her expression clearly curious. "How so?"

     You paused, thinking. "For example, the air is very clear. From the top, I can see all the way down the mountain without any trouble. My world's sky is filled with pollution. It's rare that you can see far away when smog is around."

     "Smog?" Makomo asked. "What is that? And what's pollution?"

      "Smog are types of..." you trailed off, realizing you didn't know how to say 'chemicals', or if the word would have significant meaning to her. "They are types of gasses that are bad when you breathe them in. Pollution is similar, but it refers to the overall idea of tainting the environment. Whether that's through gasses or trash."

     Makomo nodded to show she understood.

     The two of you continued chatting for a while, until the girl noticed something.

     "Looks like Urokodaki-sensei is back." She noted.

     You turned to see Urokodaki walking towards the cabin, carrying several bags with him.

     "I think I should offer to help him." You said with a smile. "It was nice talking with you, Makomo-san."

     She dipped her head in a slight nod. "Until next time, (Y/n)-san."

     Getting up, you ran over to Urokodaki.

     "Urokodaki-sensei, can I help you with anything?" You asked, bouncing on the balls of your feet a bit.