Chapter Sixteen: Destiny

Song: Destiny - NEFFEX

——————————

Key:

None applicable

——————————

WARNING: none

     It had been a few hours since you got up. As of now, you and Takara were compiling clues on potential demons in the town.

     "Okay... so what do we have?" You stood up and stretched.

     "There's that booth." Takara said. "And then those teens talking about people they once knew."

     "Is that all?"

     You groaned, running your fingers through your hair. Even though some clues were better than none, you could not help but feel disappointed at the lack of information.

     "Unfortunately yes."

     "Are all missions like this?" You mumbled

     "No, not really. This one just requires a bit more digging. And our power is limited here. This is the best we can do." He replied.

     You nodded your head in agreement. "Makes sense."

     Exhaling heavily, you sat down again, causing Takara to look over. "Everything okay (Y/n)-san?"

     "I'm just slightly frustrated." You admitted. "I thought I would be able to contribute more to the mission. Compared to what you've done Takara-san, as well as Miyu-san, I'm feeling a bit useless right now."

     "Don't say that (Y/n)-san!" Takara exclaimed. "Just because Miyu-san and I have had more missions than you, it doesn't mean that you're useless!"

     "I knowww," you said. "But I still feel it anyways."

     A knock sounded on the room's door. Both of you looked over, conversation forgotten.

     "Who is it?" You called.

     "Um- it's Natsumi... from last night, if you remember." Her voice drifted from behind the wood.

     You hurried over, opening the door for her.

     "I-I'm sorry for the abrupt visit," she said. "But something has happened."

     "Please, sit." Takara gestured to the cushions. "Do not worry that you are intruding on us. (Y/n)-san and I were merely talking about our assignments."

     Natsumi gave a small nod, and the three of you sat down.

     "I'm very sorry that we don't have any snacks to offer, Natsumi-san," you apologized. "If I had known you were coming I would have grabbed something."

     "Ah- N-no it's I who should be apologizing," Natsumi waved her hands in front of her. "I was the one who visited unannounced."

     "What did you want to discuss with us?" Takara inquired.

     "R-Right." The girl looked down. "After you two left the group.. Nao-chan and I went to browse the vendors. We were l-looking for silk fabric." She explained hurriedly. "When we came back, Mika-chan was nowhere to be found. Sho-kun and Chihiro-kun said that she went off after us. Except we never saw her."

     "Do you think she got sidetracked by something?" Takara suggested.

     "No, but that's not all." Natsumi's voice trembled. "We didn't see her at all for the remainder of the night... Nao-chan was extremely distressed. T-this morning..."