Chapter Three: Visions

WARNING: Slight Language Usage!

——————————

Key:

Bold text = English

Italics = thoughts

(e/c) = eye color

——————————

     The following morning you still hadn't seen Urokodaki. Getting worried about him, you knocked on his bedroom door.

     Initially, there was no response, but just as you turned away, the door opened.

     "...Is there something I can help you with, child?"

     Urokodaki did not have his mask on, and you were taken by surprise. His face was quite different from what you expected.

     "Ah..." he noticed your expression. "Yes, child, I am aware I am not wearing my mask."

     "Did you find out anything about my scar?" You asked after you regained the ability to speak.

     Urokodaki sighed. "Yes. Go make some tea and we can discuss over that."

ʚ~♡~ɞ

     Urokodaki laid a scroll out on the table. "This scar you have... supposedly only one other person had it." He stopped to look at you. "You might not think too much about it (Y/n), but what is strange is that the scar is in the same exact same place."

     Glancing at your hand, you stared at the innocent looking mark on your palm.

     "Is there something wrong with me?" You asked, almost scared of the answer.

     "Not necessarily. In order for this to make sense," Urokodaki started, "we are going to have to go back in time. Have you heard of demons?"

     "Yes." You said. "I ran into one the night you took me in."

     "This makes things slightly easier." He replied. "These demons can only be formed by being exposed to the blood of a powerful demon. As far as the organization knows, only Muzan Kibutsuji has the ability to change a human to a demon. Demons consume humans as food, and the more humans they consume, the stronger they get. Eventually, a single demon can consume enough people to gain a Blood Demon Art. These make the demons harder to kill, as it also boosts their intelligence and perception."

     "Is there any way to kill them?" You asked.

     "Yes. But there is only one direct way." Urokodaki responded. "All demons have the ability to regenerate lost limbs. Regeneration strength also depends on the number of humans consumed."

     "So the strength and abilities of a demon rely on the number of humans it ate?"

     "Correct. There is one type of ore that kills demons. Nichirin Ore slows the regeneration of the flesh, giving the slayer a chance to deliver the fatal blow. All demons except Muzan are able to be killed by severing their head from their body. Of course, this is not the only way to kill a demon," Urokodaki acknowledged, "there are other, more impressive techniques. But we will not be discussing that as of now. Sunlight is also deadly to demons. Most return to their abode by early dawn."

     "And this organization you're talking about?"

     "They go by the name of the Demon Slayer Corps. Most people are unaware of the existence of demons, and the organization tries to keep the number of people who know under control. Very rarely do outsiders know about their existence. Under the leader is a group of nine of their members. They are the most powerful out of the organization, going by the title 'Hashira.' Each Hashira has a particular style to defeat demons. These are "breathing styles."