Chapter Seventeen: Alive

Song: Strawberries and Cigarettes - Troye Sivan

——————————

Key:

none

——————————

WARNING: none

     You arrived back at Urokodaki's cabin. Or rather, as you liked to think of it now, your home.

     "I'M BACK SENSEIII," you called into the house, closing the door behind you.

     "Welcome back (Y/n)." Urokodaki appeared from the hallway. "I trust the mission went well?"

     He began lighting a fire as you told him about your journey. Soon the aromatic smell of soup wove its way through the air, and your stomach grumbled at the scent of it.

     "Ah- I'm sorry about that." You paused your story to apologize. "It's been awhile since I've last eaten."

     "There is no need to apologize (Y/n). It is perfectly normal for you to be hungry."

     You pouted, still embarrassed despite his words.

     Urokodaki ladled you a bowl of soup, before getting one for himself. You thanked him, and some time it was quiet, save for the sound of chopsticks on bowls.

     "Say, (Y/n), did you find anything related to the lost breathing style?"

     You paused.

     Your thoughts were warring with one another, half were saying to tell Urokodaki, the other half screaming to keep it a secret.

     I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell him. It's not like I've figured any forms or background information out. Only that the library would possibly have records of it.

     "Well," you began. "I haven't checked the library at the demon slayer headquarters. Sometime ago, someone told me about how the library contains documents relating to every breath style."

     Purposely leaving out who you got it from, you stretched out the information. You were hoping that the amount of knowledge you gave Urokodaki would distract him from your sources. Your gut told you that Kiriya was not supposed to tell you anything.

     I wonder why he told me in the first place. Even though he is younger than me, his status is much higher. He could have just told me he didn't know anything. So why did he tell me this?

     "I see." Urokodaki said, after you had finished.

     "Although I'm not quite sure where the library is in the first place," you scratched the back of your neck sheepishly. "I was hoping you could give me directions to it."

     "Unfortunately, no one knows where the Butterfly Mansion is." He replied.

     "The Butterfly Mansion?"

     "It's one of the buildings used as headquarters." He said. "The building is mostly used for recovering demon slayers, but it contains the library. Shinobu Kocho, the Insect Hashira, often uses it for her research. She specializes in healing and poisons. I am unsure of whether or not you would have to obtain her permission to enter."

     "Wait, but why is the location unknown?" You asked.

     "Most people that enter the mansion are unconscious. Therefore they have no clue where they came from, or where they are. The only way to get in or out while still conscious is by Kasugai Crow." Urokodaki explained. "I did not see your crow when you came back, so your investigation will have to wait for now."