Chapter Nineteen: Nostalgia

Song: The Secret Life of Me - Waterparks

——————————

Key:

Bold Text = English

1 Yard = 3 Feet = 0.9144 Meters

——————————

WARNING: none

     What Urokodaki sent you to do was not much of a punishment. To you anyways.

     Humming, you walked down the path. Overhead, Sora flapped his wings, occasionally flying ahead before circling back. Sabito and Makomo walked behind you, whispering to each other. You couldn't hear them, nor were you interested in what they were talking about. Your mind slipped to the scenery.

     The canopy of trees filtered the sunlight, creating dappled patterns on the forest floor. Dust motes swirled in the hazy light. Leaves rustled in the slight breeze, adding to the symphony of birdsong. Dead leaves crunched underfoot. It was serene, peaceful.

     "(Y/n)." Makomo called you.

     "Yes?" You turned around, walking backwards. "Is there something you need?"

     "Well," she scratched her cheek. "Sabito and I haven't been to the village in quite a long time, if you have not figured that out already. Our spirits were confined to the means of Mount Saigiri. So we were wondering if you could show us around."

     "Oh of course!" Your expression brightened. "I get to show you all of my favorite vendors there. Ah this is going to be so much fun." You rubbed your hands together in excitement. "How exactly is this a punishment though, I don't get it..."

     "Urokodaki-sensei gave me a list before we left." Sabito held up a slip of paper. "He said we needed to buy everything here."

     "Ah... I see." Your head nodded slowly. "That would make sense. He's getting us to go grocery shopping as a punishment." You turned back around. "That still is pretty lenient for him though. I was expecting something more extreme."

     "There's a little note at the bottom too." Sabito's eyebrows creased as he squinted to read the writing. "It says here that (Y/n) has to carry everything."

     "WHAT?!" Your head snapped around faster than Sora when he heard the word food.

     "Wait let me see." Makomo took the list from her friend. There was silence as she scanned the paper. "Pfft-" she brought one hand up to her mouth, smiling. "Sabito's just messing with you (Y/n). There's no note about you carrying everything."

     "I would hope not." You muttered. "I saw Urokodaki-sensei writing the list. How on earth would I carry the rice, vegetables, and cloth all at the same time?"

     "You probably could (Y/n)." Makomo said. "He never really said how much to buy. Just the guesstimate. So technically..."

     "Technically I could buy the least amount of every single product." You said mischievously. "And by that logic.."

     "You could carry everything!" Makomo's eyes sparkled.

     "You are both forgetting there's more than just cloth, vegetables, and rice on the list." Sabito pointed out.

     "Oh Sabito, just shut up and let us have some fun." You complained.

ʚ~♡~ɞ