Chapter Ten: I Promise

——————————

Key:

Bold text = English

(e/c) = eye color

(f/c) = fav color

(f/c 2) = fav color 2

(a/c) = alternate color

(a/c 2) = alternate color 2

——————————

WARNING: LANGUAGE USAGE

     Time flowed by like a shooting star in the night sky. The days turned to weeks, which turned into months, and in turn melted into years. Suddenly it was your birthday again. You would be turning fourteen.

Quick note: (Y/n) was 10 when she arrived. Chapter 3 put her at 12, and Tanjiro arrived in Chapter 4. According to the fandom page, Tanjiro was 13 when he arrived. This means that after 2 years passed, he's around 14/15, depending on when (y/n)s birthday falls.

Of course, you didn't say anything, but Urokodaki knew. So that day, he took you and Tanjiro to the village.

     "Woaahhh!!" Tanjiro's eyes shimmered with excitement. "Everything looks so different..!"

     You smiled at his expression, wishing you had a camera to document the moment.

     Speaking of cameras, your phone had one. But it had died, leaving you with a potentially useless metal box. You kept it anyway, for the sake of having a remnant of your previous world.

     "I'm glad you're enjoying yourself Tanjiro-kun." You said to the male.

     "Tanjiro!" Urokodaki called. "I'll need your help with some goods."

     "Coming Sensei!" Tanjiro said back. "Will you be okay on your own?" His eyes met yours, searching for affirmation.

     "I'll be fine Tanjiro-kun." You waved him off. "Go help Urokodaki with the groceries. He's getting old."

     "I heard that (Y/n)!" Urokodaki shouted in your direction, but you were already walking off.

     "Can't deny it's true." You called over your shoulder.

     Separating from the males, you browsed the clothing shops. Not that you were looking for a new yukata or kimono, rather you were on the hunt for fabric.

     Urokodaki had given you money for your birthday, and you planned on making a new haori for yourself.

     Upon finding a small shop selling plain colored haoris, you browsed for a bit, before selecting a navy blue one.

     "Do you know any places that sell embroidery things..?" You asked.

     "Down a few stalls, there should be a place." The shopkeeper told you. "The qualities are good, and the items are relatively cheap."

     You thanked the shopkeeper, and made your way down the line of vendors.

     "Now where is this stand..?" You looked around.

     After a few minutes of searching, you finally found the stall.

     "Welcome!" The shopkeeper greeted you. "Is there anything in particular you are looking for?"