Chapter Eleven: Star Showers

——————————

Key:

Bold text = English

——————————

     For the next couple days, you walked around the house with a dazed smile on your face. Whenever Urokodaki or Tanjiro asked why you were smiling, you burst into a fit of giggles, unable to explain why.

     Everything just seemed... brighter.

     Even things you used to find monotonous, such as cleaning the dishes or wiping the floors, you now did with a smile.

     "Did something happen to (Y/n)-chan, Urokodaki-sensei?" Tanjiro asked, watching as you spun around in the hallway with the mop. You weren't doing much cleaning, just moving the brush on the floor and grinning like an idiot.

     Your former teacher observed you, watching your movements. She's acting much more loopy than normal. Not only that but she appears to be happier as well. Not that it's a bad thing of course, but it's highly unusual for that child to act strange for a long period of time.

     "(Y/n)?" He called.

     You stopped, hearing your name. "Yes?" You responded.

     "Could you come here for a moment?" He asked.

     You made your way over to your teacher, and then said, "Can I help you with something Sensei?"

     "Tanjiro, leave us for a minute," he instructed the teen. Tanjiro nodded, and exited the house, closing the door behind him.

     "(Y/n)..." Urokodaki turned to you. "Did something happen? You've been spacing out often."

     "O-Oh! Uhm..." your face flushed. "Nothing happened..."

     Your teacher sighed, knowing that you weren't telling the truth, and decided to go right to the point.

     "Are you in love with someone?" He asked.

     "EEAHHH??" You screeched, jumping away from him. You felt your face flame up, and you mentally slapped yourself.

     "I-I'M NOT IN LOVE WITH ANYONE, WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT??" You were all but shouting at this point. Even Tanjiro outside could hear you.

     Urokodaki sighed again. This was going nowhere.

     "I don't believe you when you say you're not in love. But if you say you aren't, I will leave it at that." He said. "However, I do know something is amiss. And although I have no desire to pry into your teenage life, there is a point where I have to step in."

     You pouted, blush still evident on your face.

     "No sneaking out anywhere to meet up." Urokodaki said.

     EH?!

     You blinked, face momentarily going into dumbass shocked mode. (That one Giyuu moment)

     "That's... all..?" Disbelief laced itself into your voice. "Nothing about no children, running away and eloping?"

     Urokodaki looked at you dumbfounded. "Children..?"

     Right. You mentally facepalmed. No one here does the devil's tango during their teenage years. This is the early nineteen hundreds.

     "Ahh, nevermind, pretend I didn't say anything." You waved your hands frantically. "You heard nothing."

     "As I was saying," your teacher continued, "no sneaking out. Not only because I would be worried about what would happen to you, but the night is home to demons."