Chapter Four: Wishes

WARNING: LANGUAGE USAGE

——————————

Key:

Bold text = English

(e/c) = eye color

——————————

     Fluffing the futon once last time, you stepped back to admire your handiwork.

     The room was neat and spotless, two futons next to each other. Originally you had planned to put Nezuko's next to the door, but after thinking for a second, you realized you would likely be going in and out throughout the day.

     With Urokodaki's permission, you made a little shelf from a fallen tree. Setting it next to your futon, you arranged some wildflowers in a small vase.

     Soon, the perfume of the flowers wafted throughout the house. Delicate, but there. Satisfied with your work, you went outside.

          "Will you hold the line?

          When every one of them has given up and given in, tell me

          In this house of mine

          Nothing ever comes without a consequence or cost, tell me

          Will the stars align?

          Will heaven step in?

          Will it save us from our sin, will it?

          'Cause this house of mine, stands strong."

     You sang the song as you set about sweeping the front porch. When you first heard this song, it made you think of Demon Slayer, but mostly it reminded you of Giyuu. He had an unemotional personality, hence the 'leave behind your heart and cast away' line.

          "That's the price you pay

          Leave behind your heart and cast away

          Just another product of today

​​          Rather be the hunter than the prey..."

     You trailed off when you saw Sabito at the edge of the clearing. Sitting on the branch of one of the trees, you raised an eyebrow at his presence. He had stopped wearing his mask after you sliced it, and wore it at his hip instead. Somehow he had fixed it, but you didn't question how he did it.

     "Is there something you need Sabito-kun?"

     "...No." He replied.

     Unbeknownst to you, the male had actually been watching you sing. And he thought you were good at it. Really, really good.

Sabito's POV:

     As there's only so much a ghost can do before they become bored, I went to see if (Y/n) was training. Or interested in sparring with me. Instead, I found her sweeping Urokodaki's porch. Quite odd, given the time of day and her normal reluctance to do chores.

     Is she singing?

     I couldn't tell what she was singing. I only understood bits of the lyrics, but she was good at it. The more I watched her, the more I realized and saw little details that I hadn't noticed before.