Pool Day

The Avengers were having a pool day and little Wanda was very excited about it. She had never gone swimming before but Natasha had gotten her a new swimsuit, a teal one piece with ruffled straps and a picture of Moana standing proudly in front of a wave and tropical flowers. She loved it and wanted to wear it immediately despite Tony not having the pool ready for swimming then. Nat had been unable to say no so it had already been worn several times in the bath and sometimes out of the bath.

But today was the day the pool was ready and she was going to swim if Natasha would stop rubbing sun screen into her, "Hold still, baby. We're almost done. No, let me see your face. You'll end up all red like Vision."

Wanda had turned away when Natasha came at her face with the white gunk. She didn't like the lotion. It didn't smell bad, like coconuts, but it wasn't like the nice creamy lotion Mama would put on her after her bath time in the evenings. She fidgeted but let the woman rub it into her face, "Like Vis?"

The idea wasn't completely unappealing. She liked Vision and he was excellent at reading books. Nat shook her head, "It'll hurt honey. You'd get a sunburn. It wouldn't be any good."

The little witch didn't want an owie so she held a bit more still until Finally Nat announced, "Okay, we're all done."

Wanda got up from the deck chair Nat had placed her in and immediately started tugging on her hand to take her to the steps that entered the pool. The redhead just smiled at her enthusiasm and let herself be pulled along. The little got to the edge of the pool though and paused.

She thought the pool looked so big and pretty and blue but right up against it the pool looked a little too big and too foreign to her. Wanda tugged thoughtfully on one of her braided pigtails Mama had given her that morning before turning to the woman, "Mama, up-up."

"Up?" Nat raised and amused eyebrow at the little girl's suddenly wary gaze at the pool, especially after her excitement for the past couple of weeks to go to the pool.

"Up peas." Wanda insisted and positioned herself to be placed on Nat's hip.

She chuckled, "Okay, detka, okay."

Once securely in her Mama's arms, Wanda pointed to the pool with returned excitement, "S'im, Mama, s'im."

"Alright," Nat said still with a grin and she started walking down the steps into the pool. "Here we go, baby. We're swimming."

Wanda tensed as the cool water came over her, gripping one of the straps on Nat's red swimsuit, she but giggled too at the sensation with Nat walking out until the little was about submerged to her waist. She experimentally ran her fingers through the blue looking water.

"What do you think baby?" The woman prompted.

"Col' and b'ue." Wanda reported.

"It is a little cold. Not like a bath, huh?" Nat used her thumb to rub at the little's cheek where some sunscreen hadn't been completely rubbed in. "You'll get used to it. Should we take a dip?"

"Yah." Wanda agreed and Nat lowered them more into the water until she she submerged to her shoulders. The cool rush made her shiver and cling tightly to Mama and laugh. Natasha stood back up and the water rushed away from her. The redhead continued walking them around while dipping them much to Wanda's delight.

"Still cold detka?" Nat asked standing up properly and taking a break from the game.

"No." Wanda said then smacked her hand down on the water, sending some water up into the air that amused her, "Sp'ash!"

"I can show you a big splash." Sam said as he, Vision, Tony, Pepper, and Steve made their way to join them. Sam ran towards the deep end and shouted, "Cannonball!"

He leapt into the air and made his body into a rough ball shape before he plunged into the water, creating a large splash of water that rained down lightly on Wanda and Nat. Nat tried to shake the water out of her hair and the little laughed, "Big sp'ash!"

Tony came forward then claiming, "That splash was nothing. Check this out."

Like Sam, the man did a cannonball and made another large splash, maybe a little bit bigger than Sam's but not by much. Even Natasha was laughing by now at the guys antics.

Steve scoffed, "Step aside gentlemen."

He took a running jump and put himself into a ball like the others. His splash was much larger than Sam and Tony's, sending a wave of water over Wanda and Nat. The little witch loved it while Nat shot Steve a dark look as water dripped from her nose, "You're lucky she likes this."

"Mama es wet." Wanda smiled and patted her face, laughing gleefully when Nat pretended to chomp at her fingers. Then the little pointed to where the guys were treading water and had started a rowdy splash war with each other, "Mama, over dere?"

"No, honey, we can't go over there. You see the rope? Remember I told you that's the deep end, you can't touch over there." The woman told her patiently, "If you want to swim over there you have to put your life vest on."

Wanda scrunched up her face, "No vest."

The little had not liked when Mama had put the puffy life jacket on. It was too tight in her opinion but Mama said it had to be to make it safe. She would rather just stay in the shallow end. The guys noticed her pout and swam over, ducking beneath the rope while white and blue buoys evenly spaced out on it.

Steve held up a rainbow colored beach ball, "How about we all play catch over here?"

"Yah!" Wanda squirmed to be let down, her attention easily redirected by the prospect of a new fun activity. They began gently passing the ball around while Nat went to go chat with Pepper who sat to just stick her feet in the water.

Eventually Wanda tired of playing with the ball and went back to her Mama, "Will you p'ay wif me, Mama?"

"Of course, detka." She smiled, "Do you want to try the slide?"

"Yah!" Wanda bobbed her head up and down and started tugging on Nat's hand to get out of the pool. The slide was built into a faux cliff structure so they steps were easy for her to navigate up. Once at the top, the little realized how high up she was and chewed on her lip nervously, "Mama s'ides wif me?"

"Yeah baby. I'll slide with you. You sit down first and I'll sit behind you, okay?"

"Kay." Wanda sat on the edge and Nat sat behind her with her legs on either side of Wanda. The woman then eased them over the edge and they went zipping down the curvy slide. The feeling made Wanda's tummy dip in a silly way and they splashed into the water below.

Wanda spluttered a bit when they hit the water, getting more of it in her face than she was used to, but Mama quickly lifted her up with a calming smile on her face, laughing lightly she said, "Wow, that was pretty fast, huh? What did you think? Was it fun?"

After the little realized she was okay from landing in the water. She gave a big grin, "Yah! Aga'n. Wif Mama."

"Okay, again with Mama." Nat agreed with her own amused smile. They went down the slide many more times with the little witch squealing and giggling. Eventually Natasha convinced Wanda to go down on her own if she was at the bottom to catch her.

The day continued on with a lot more fun for Wanda, like Natasha holding her around her waist and teaching her to doggy paddle. And sitting on the steps with Vision as they played with some plastic aquatic animal toys, Wanda making up nonsensical stories about the dolphin and the clownfish and the octopus while the android did his best to follow along.

Until finally Mama announced it was time to take a break from the sun and time for lunch. The redhead wrapped Wanda in a big towel and they ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with the team under the big umbrella on the patio, the little smiling broadly with the purple jelly collecting at the corners of her mouth.

//

Just a fun little pool day for little Wanda and the gang :) There will be a sort of part 2 for this so stay tuned! Thanks for reading and all your support! Until next time ~Raven