Meanie

Wanda headed up to the guys floor with a package of popcorn, planning on microwaving it once she was up there. She and Bucky had plans to watch a movie tonight. Since she and him had spent most of their lives in a Hydra facility or in a war zone they had missed out on a lot of movies and music and other pop culture occurrences so they liked to catch up together. Usually Vision joined them too, having missed out on those things on account of him not existing, but he was away on a mission right now. Nat, Steve and the others often watched movies with them as well, all bringing their own suggestions, but tonight Nat wanted to read and Steve and Sam were playing pool and everyone else had something else to do so it was just her and Bucky planning on watching Tangled.

When the Sokovian got to the kitchen, Bucky wasn't there. He must still be getting out of the shower so she went ahead with getting their snacks. She started the microwave with the popcorn then went to the refrigerator to see what the guys had to drink up. She was pulling out two Cokes when a voice behind her startled her, "What the hell are you doing here?"

One of the cans fell to the ground with a thunk and rolled away as she spun around to see Dr. Banner standing in the doorway with a travel bag over his shoulder, having apparently just arrived. She could only stare at the man who glared at her with a darkening brow. The expression practically made Wanda shiver. Bruce seemed to become more irate as he snapped again, "I said, what the hell are you doing here?"

"I-" Wanda gulped. "I l-live here."

"You live here?" Bruce asked incredulously, "Why the hell didn't they lock you up?"

The witch remembered the last time she had spoken with the doctor. It had been before their battle with Ultron. Dr. Banner had been particularly untrusting of her after she had unleashed his Hulk onto that city and had even threatened her rather graphically. I won't need to turn green to choke the life out of you. The words echoed in her head.

She couldn't say why the Avengers hadn't locked her up after the battle. Just because they had teamed up to save the world hadn't meant that she would be pardoned for what she had done before it. But after her brother died and her homeland was demolished they had simply brought her along with them, nothing else had been discussed as far as she knew. Then everything happened with Nat and the compound became her home and the Avengers her family. But Bruce hadn't been around for any of this. He had disappeared on one of the jets right after the fight and no one had heard from him since at least until now. And apparently in his time away he hadn't forgotten his anger towards the witch.

"I-I don't-" Wanda stammered.

"Did you do one of your mind tricks? Are you holding them hostage?" He accused, "Did you hurt them?"

"No!" Wanda exclaimed quickly. As his voice raised in volume that shiver escalated to her trembling. "I didn't- I wouldn't."

"I don't believe you." The man snarled.

Wanda whimpered and took a step away from him. Panic mounted within her and as it did so she felt herself slipping into her little space. She wanted to cry out for Natasha but she found herself frozen in fear, not sure if she would have to defend herself if Bruce erupted into his green alter ego. Suddenly it felt like she had to urinate and she had to resist holding herself to keep it in. She shifted weight from foot to foot.

Then Bucky finally came into the kitchen, quickly becoming alarmed, "Whoa, who are you?"

"I'm Dr. Banner. Who are you?" His ire momentarily left Wanda.

"Bucky Barnes." He answered but he kept his gaze on Wanda seeing that she was clearly frightened and trying to ascertain what was happening.

"Steve Roger's friend?" Bruce asked less harshly.