More Owies

Wanda woke up from her nap and stretched out her limbs. As she did she felt her bandaid pull a bit at the skin on her knee. She sat up and pulled her blankie from her legs, grinning down at her Mama bandaid.

She liked it a lot. She liked it a lot a couple days ago too when Mama had put one on her and after her nap she proudly showed it to everybody when she woke up in a much better mood. What she had liked more though was getting kisses from Mama that made everything better. She wanted more of them. Of course she didn't want to have to fall and get another boo-boo to get more. But little Wanda had been thinking about how to get more magical kisses and thought she had come up a good plan.

The little witch used her own magic to lower one of the gates on the side of her bed and carefully climbed out. She went to the desk in her room where all of her art supplies were. She was usually supposed to have someone big with her when she used them, but Wanda's plan would be ruined if she did that.

She pulled open the top drawer that had coloring books and crayons, taking out the crayon box she plopped down and dumped out the pack, finding the red one. She tried to color on her knee that only had a scuff but found it wasn't working. She frowned in dissatisfaction but was not ready to give up. The little opened the second drawer and found different supplies. This drawer had paint and markers. She didn't see any paintbrushes though so she skipped over that and took out the yellow pack of markers.

In the same fashion she did with the crayons, Wanda dumped out the contents and selected the red marker, uncapping it and pressing the tip to her knee. She grinned at her success when a red line appeared on her skin and she scribbled until there was a big oval shape that covered it.

Next she lifted up her shirt and scribbled on her tummy, watching as erratic lines appeared and giggling at the slightly ticklish sensation. Wanda put a few slashes on her upper arms and tops of her hands. Then she paused and thought of any other places she might want kisses. The little witch realized of course her cheeks would need kisses too so she put the felt tip to her one of her cheeks, blindly scribbling and then did the same to the other.

Satisfied with her work, Wanda dropped her marker and went to go find Mama, scurrying back when she realized she forgot Zaya before resuming her journey out of her room.

——

Natasha was sitting at the kitchen island with Tony and Sam as they had some coffee and talked about the training schedule. She was about to say that had to wrap it up because Wanda would be waking from her nap soon, when the little's voice came from behind her, "Mama, owies."

Wanda didn't sound particularly upset but she still turned quickly with concern only for her mouth to drop open in shock. The little witch stood there with her bunny and red marker all over her arms and cheeks. She heard the guys trying to stifle their laughter and Tony muttered, "Oh man, big Wanda is not going to be happy."

She turned and shot them a glare but they both couldn't quite sober up. Wanda pouted impatiently, "Owies, Mama. Have owies."

The brunette lifted up her shirt to show her tummy which also had big, red scribbles of marker on her. Natasha covered her mouth with her hand, "Oh Wanda, what did you do?"

"I gots boo-boos, Mama." Wanda wrinkled her brow and looked down at herself as if the answer were obvious.

Nat stood and walked over to the little, putting her hands on her hips, "Are you telling me the truth, detka? Are those marks really boo-boos?"

The brunette's gaze flit to the ground and she pulled her shirt back down over her stomach and she shuffled her weight from foot to foot. This was clearly not going the way little Wanda had planned. Natasha gently pressed her, "Wanda, look at me. What happened?"