Owies

After lunch Wanda usually went down for a nap but the little was too excited to sleep and begged Nat to let her skip her nap today so she could keep swimming. Reluctantly Natasha agreed, unable to say no to her sparkling green eyes, but she had to wait a bit longer for her food to settle before getting back into the pool.

Mama went inside to clean up from lunch and Wanda stayed outside with the guys to play, though the guys were much more lethargic with full stomachs and having spent all morning and now afternoon in the sun. Sam came up with the easy task of blowing bubbles for Wanda while he sat in a lounge chair. The little witch flounced and giggled and chased after the bubbles to pop them. She was having a wonderful time until she tripped over the towel she had tossed aside on the concrete earlier. The brunette fell her hands and knees hitting the concrete hard. Pain bloomed from where she landed on the hard, rough surface and after a beat Wanda wailed, "Mama!"

-

Natasha had loaded the dishwasher, enjoying the feeling of the air conditioning inside, and now she was making a bottle for Wanda. Her little seemed adamant about wanting to stay awake and keep playing and Nat had relented but really she worried about skipping her nap. If Wanda didn't get her nap in she would be a little grumpy bear by dinner time and a fully cranky fusspot by bed time.

She hoped the presence of a bottle would coax her into taking one. It had just finished warming when suddenly through the screen door she heard Wanda cry out in distress, "Mama!"

The redhead abandoned her task and rushed out to the pool area where she found Wanda crying hard with fat teardrops rolling down her cheeks and Sam helping her up from the ground. Natasha quickly ascertained the problem, seeing a scrap on Wanda's knee with blood welling up in it. Wanda saw her and reached her arms out for her. She quickly closed the gap between them, "Oh my goodness, baby, you're alright. What happened?"

She picked Wanda up and the little wrapped her legs around Nat's hips, sobbing, "I f-felled-d."

"Sorry, Nat. She was running around, popping bubbles and tripped over a towel." Sam looked unnecessarily guilty.

"That's alright, Sam." Natasha said with a tight smile as Wanda cried in her ear. "Can you just grab the first aid kit from the bathroom?"

"On it." He nodded and headed off.

The Widow redirected her attention back to the little witch, bouncing her as she soothed, "You're okay baby. Sh, sh, shh.. you just had a little fall."

"Owieeee." Wanda cried, hiding her face in Nat's neck.

"I know, detka." She replied sympathetically, "Can I look at your owies?"

She set the Sokovian down who resisted at first, clinging tightly to the woman. But Nat eased her into a chair and pried the little's limbs from around her, "It's okay. Let Mama see."

The brunette held out her hands to show her she had fallen on them though they were mostly just a little red and all Nat had to do was brush off some dirt. After she pressed kisses to each of her palms, "There we go. Mama's kisses make everything better."

Wanda's cries lessened to sniffles as she became distracted by Nat's declaration and soft kisses then thumbs brushing soothing over her palms to prove that her kisses had indeed worked and made her hands feel better. Sam came back with the little white box that that the first aid supplies. The woman opened it with a reassuring smile, "Okay, let's look at your knees, detka."

Her one knee looked much like her palms, a little scuffed though may be a little bruised tomorrow. The other knee though needed tended to as bright red blood began to drip from the scrape there. She picked up some gauze to mop up the blood and hold it there for a minute to stop the flow. The caregiver reached up and wiped away from tears from the girl's cheeks, "You're alright darling. We have to be more careful about leaving our things around, yeah?"

"Y-yeah." Wanda agreed sadly, putting her thumb to her lips and just rubbing it there, knowing she shouldn't suck on her thumb but wanting the comfort. Nat turned back to Sam and looked to the pacifier left on the table they had been sitting at for lunch.

"Sam, could you.." She pointed and the man got the gist as he hurried over to retrieve the pacifier. "Here you go baby. Here's your paci."

Wanda opened her mouth for Nat to place her paci there and immediately began tugging on it. The Widow looked pulled back the gauze and next went in with an antiseptic wipe, "This might sting a little sweetheart."

The little whimpered as the cold wipe stung at her open skin but Nat finished quickly to dab on some antibacterial ointment that had a slightly numbing effect. She then found the box of bandaids that were Avengers themed that someone had bought as a joke. Now Natasha took out a big square one that had a cartoon depiction of herself that did not look much like her in her opinion but she unbent Wanda's knee to put it on, knowing Wanda would like it best, "Here we go. All better."

With the bandaid applied she kissed Wanda's knee. The little witch had finished crying but she still held her arms out to be picked up. Natasha obliged, swaying her as she said, "Okay, little star. I think it's nap time."

"Noo, s'im peas." Wanda protested but even as she did so she slumped heavily against Nat.

"We can swim the rest of the week too but it's time to settle down now." The woman said softly but firm. She knew part of the reason Wanda had been so upset was that it was passed her nap time. The redhead went through the kitchen and picked up the bottle she had made and took the little to her room.

The little squirmed and pouted on the changing table as Nat peeled her out of her swimsuit, even produced some crocodile tears that Nat mindless shushed, not taking much stock in them and knowing they would be gone once she had her bottle to drink. Natasha put a diaper on her and then a white camisole with adorable lace and a little bow around the collar.

Wanda's skin was warm from soaking in the sun, not burnt but adorably freckled so she kept her in the minimal clothing. She took Wanda to the bed then, cradling her in her arms and pulling out her pacifier to slip the bottle into her mouth. The little started drinking, she soft sounds of her suckling filled the room. Nat hummed her a lullaby and covered them loosely with Wanda's blankie, rocking her gently Only about half way through her bottle Wanda stopped drinking and was fast asleep.

Natasha was feeling pretty drained as well and decided that she too could have a nap. She shifted Wanda and set the bottle aside, then went to replace her pacifier but Wanda had found Nat's collarbone in her sleep and started unconsciously sucking on her skin there.

This was new but the Black Widow found the feeling was sweet and warmed her chest so she let her stay latched on there. Content and sleepy, Nat settled against the pillows, letting herself join her little in a peaceful, cozy afternoon nap.

//

Naps after swimming are superior naps, haha. Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading and give her a vote if you liked it. I would greatly appreciate it. Until next time! ~Raven