Tummy Time

Natasha was not surprised when Wanda was little in the morning. The witch had not slipped in almost two weeks with how busy the compound had been, but today marked the first day that things would be slowing down and they both needed little Wanda time.

"Good morning, detka." The redhead gently stroke some brunette locks out of Wanda' face.

The Sokovian snuffled a little and slowed blinked her green eyes open. Once she focused, Wanda's lips broke into a sleep-happy grin, her eyes some how sparkling even more as she gazed at Natasha. The little babbled at her with a giggle, "Mm, mum, mum, mu-ma.."

Nat's smiled widened at finding her little so young and she cooed back to her, "Hey little star. Yes, it's Mama. Ma-ma."

She enunciated to encourage Wanda to try saying her name but the little girl just reached out towards her caregiver's face, her fingers gently pulling down on Nat's lip. The Widow allowed her tactile investigation, "That's Mama's lip.."

"And that's Mama's cheek." She said when Wanda's finger dragged across her cheek.

Then the little witch brush her fingers against Nat's nose, "And Mama's nose."

Taking Wanda's hand back towards her mouth, Natasha blew a raspberry into her palm, causing her little to squeal and giggle with delight. When Wanda started to pull some strands of Nat's hair into her mouth, the woman gently stopped her with a laugh, "That's Mama's hair, detka. You don't want that. Are you hungry? Ready to go get breakfast?"

Her little pressed forward then burying her face into her Mama's chest, the woman feeling her lips moving searchingly. Natasha kissed the top of her head a few times but did not relent to Wanda's rooting. She needed water before Wanda nursed and the girl still needed real food. She tried to sound excited as she said, "How about some oatmeal and strawberries? Yummm."

The Widow began to ease them out of bed, carrying Wanda to the changing table to get her into a diaper and different clothes, a onesie with a ladybug pattern on it and soft gray pants. Then Nat carried her to the kitchen and set her up in her high chair. She made bottle of apple juice to hopefully keep Wanda distracted while she made quick work of breakfast. The little held the bottle with both hands to drink some but then mostly played with it, letting it roll around on her high chair tray and watching the liquid move within with interest. She babbled, "Ba, bab, bub, ba.."

"Oh yeah? Tell me about it." Natasha said, acting as if she had understood what Wanda had said. The little witch giggle and continued to make her soft noises while Nat made them oatmeal and diced some strawberries. Wanda was a happy baby, not that she couldn't have bad days, but for the most part she was sunshine and smiles that warmed Nat's heart. Just when the woman though she couldn't love the Sokovian more, Wanda would give her a dazzling smile or laugh and Nat found herself melting for her all over again.

She finished making breakfast quickly and brought over the bowls for the both of them. Oatmeal and strawberries for herself and oatmeal and strawberries mashed with some of Nat's breast milk that she had previously pumped to encourage her to eat it for Wanda, "Here we go, baby. Some yummy oatmeal."

Natasha spooned some up and presented it to the girl. Wanda accepted the bite, rolling the food in her mouth experimentally before swallowing and cooing, "Mmm, oa-ta.. Mm, mum-ma."

She opened her mouth for another bite and Nat grinned, "Is that yummy baby? Here you go."

The caregiver fed Wanda her breakfast, eating her own and drinking a large glass of water when Wanda became distracted with her juice or looking at the ladybugs on her shirt. Soon they were finished and Natasha wiped down her messy little, taking her into the living room.