Poor Baby Pt. 2

Natasha walked into the bedroom armed with a bed tray with soup and oyster crackers, orange juice, water and a bottle of medicine. Wanda was still sound asleep, her mouth open a little for her to take in wispy breath as she still couldn't breath well. The Widow set the tray at the bottom of the bed out of the way before she sat next to Wanda to wake her up, "Hey baby, can you wake up for Mama?"

Wanda furrowed her brow and blinked her eyes open. The redhead gave her a sympathetic smile, stroking her hair, "It's time to get some food and medicine in your belly. Okay, sweetheart?"

"Belly hurts, Mama." The little shook her head.

"I know, honey." Nat crooned, "But you have to eat something with the medicine which will help you feel better. Can you try baby?"

After some more pouting and Natasha cuddling her, the caregiver managed to convince Wanda to try and have some lunch. The little witch sat up in the bed and Nat placed the tray over her legs then carefully fed her spoonfuls of soup and crackers. When Nat thought Wanda couldn't handle anymore, she took the medicine bottle and filled up the dropper to the right dosage, "Okay, good job detka. Now just some medicine. It might not taste very yummy."

She moved the tray to the nightstand then cradled Wanda to her, putting the dropper in her mouth towards the back of her mouth hoping to get her to swallow it with having to taste it too much. Wanda still coughed though as she squeezed the medicine into her mouth. The little spluttered, "No, ucky. No med'cine."

"Drink a little orange juice, honey." Natasha quickly brought the straw to her lips for her to chase down the taste.

"No mo' Mama. No mo' " Wanda hid her face in Nat's neck.

"Alright, detka." Nat soothed, "You're all done for now. Sh, sh, sh.."

The little witch cried for a bit longer, pressing herself into Nat's chest tightly in her distress. Natasha made sure Wanda didn't notice her wincing from the pressure as her chest had become sensitive in the last few days. Eventually Wanda relaxed though and practically passed out from exhaustion. The redhead didn't dare move, letting her little lie on top of her.

Natasha was prepared to let her stay there as long as she wanted but about an hour later Wanda stirred on her own and started fussing. The caregiver instinctively knew something was wrong and rushed to grab the wastebasket she'd placed next to the bed for just in case. No sooner did she have Wanda sitting up between her legs with the bin under her chin the little was throwing up and sobbing in between. Nat rubbed up and down her arms while the girl emptied what little she had in her stomach until she was done. Still distraught though Wanda whimpered and leaned back into the woman, "Mama, owie.."

"I know, detka. I'm sorry it hurts. Sh, sh, sh.." Nat went from gentle shushing noises to a quiet lullaby for her. Nat's chest swelled painfully with her little girl so upset. When Wanda calmed down enough, the little moved her hand towards her mouth, her fingers shaped like she was holding something. Nat recognized the gesture as the sign for pacifier. She had started some basic sign language for Wanda for when she became non-verbal, which had come in handy many times like now. Natasha shifted her around so she could stand with her little, "Let's brush your teeth first, baby."

Natasha carried her to the bathroom and sat her on the counter. Wanda watched blurrier eyed as Nat prepared her toothbrush then helped the little witch, scrubbing her teeth as gently as possible. Once finished Wanda had a couple of sips of water then the redhead placed a pacifier in her mouth, which she tugged on steadily as Nat picked her up on her hip. The woman took her to the changing table and pulled off her pajamas, along the collar was damp with sweat from Wanda's fever.