Poor Baby

"Wanda, honey, it's time to wake up." Mama's voice floated into her ears but the little witch couldn't seem to open her eyes. She felt tired, like she hadn't slept at all last night. She felt Mama rubbing her back and heard her go on in a teasing tone, "Come on, detka. Mama's already got breakfast made. Bubby is going to eat all the waffles if you don't get out of bed."

Usually Wanda would wake up with Nat but this was the second time she had tried to rouse the little this morning. The Sokovian cracked her eyes open and the light made her head throb. She whimpered, "Mama.."

"What's wrong little star?" Natasha immediately became worried when her little voice came out rough and raspy. She helped Wanda turned over and pulled her into her lap. Wanda curled up into her, resting her head on Nat's shoulder.

"Owie, Mama." The brunette sniffles.

"What hurts, honey?" Mama pressed her lips against Wanda's forehead and holding them there as she tried to gauge her temperature.

"Tummy an' head." The little mumbled into Nat's shoulder. Her stomach roiled and her throat involuntarily contracted. Wanda swallowed back the feeling.

"How long have they been hurting, detka?" The spy asked with concern lacing her tone.

"I dunno." Wanda sounded on the verge of tears. She hadn't been little when they went to bed and her transition was always hazy.

"Oh baby, sh, sh.." Natasha soothed, "I'm sorry you don't feel well. Let's get you changed."

"No. Bed, Mama. Wanna 'tay bed." She pouted, wanting to fall back asleep preferably with her head on Mama's chest.

Natasha carefully moved to cradle Wanda in her arms and lifted her despite her request to stay in bed. The little whined in protest but Nat kept moving away from the bed, "You're okay, baby. I think a bath might help you feel a little better. Then a diaper and clean jammies. How does that sound?"

"Mama, paci peas." The little said quietly in response as she gave into her Mama's plan. The redhead already had one half way to her lips as she asked for her soother. Wanda tugged on the soft silicone as her caregiver undressed her and continued to do so as Nat had her go potty on the big girl potty, an activity Wanda usually thought was okay, especially because it usually earned her a piece of chocolate afterwards but currently she found dreadful. After Natasha helped wipe her, she finally lifted her into the tub full of lavender scented bubbles. The little witch didn't feel like playing with them though. She looked up at Nat who knelt on the other side of the tub and had taken a cup to dip it into the water and pour it around Wanda's shoulders. The little asked sadly behind her pacifier, "Mama baf wif me?"

"Not this time, detka. We're just going to be quick." Natasha grabbed a tissue from the box on the back of the toilet, "Can you blow your nose sweetheart? You sound all stuffy, clearing it out might help with your head."

Mama held the tissue over her nose and Wanda did her best to blow as Mama wiped it up. After tossing the tissue away, Nat picked up a washcloth and began gently wiping the rest of her face, "Good job, sweetie. Let's get the sleep out of those eyes, hm?"

"S'eep in eyes, Mama. Want s'eep in eyes." The little witch tried to wriggle away but Natasha cupped that back of her head to keep her still. She didn't understand why Mama wanted her to be awake when she wanted to be asleep.

"You'll still be able to sleep, baby." Nat promised, dipping the washcloth into the water again and bringing it back up to wash around her neck and chest, "You feel warm, honey. Were you hot sleeping?"

Wanda thought about it. She mostly remembered discomfort and her skin felt clammy and gritty like she had been running around in the sun all day. The little could only tell her caregiver, "Ucky, Mama. Ucky."