Just Kiss Already

Natasha came out into the kitchen to find Wanda and Bucky sitting at the kitchen table, eating a breakfast of last night's fruit salad with steaming beverages. The redhead came to stand by the witch and swiped her drink, taking a sip only to cringe, "Ugh, why isn't this coffee?"

"Because it's tea and it's mine, not yours." Wanda took it back and wrapped her hands around it in an almost protective gesture.

"Where is my coffee then?" Natasha seemed to have genuine confusion over this but Wanda knew it was an act by now.

"In the coffee pot where I left it after I made it this morning so it wouldn't get cold." The younger woman explained slowly, playing into her exasperated role.

"Mm." Nat nodded along, "That makes sense."

She kissed Wanda's forehead and went into the kitchen to get her cup of coffee. After her first sip, the redhead started pulling out a pan, "You guys should eat more than fruit for breakfast. I'll make some eggs and toast."

"That's alright, Nat. You don't have to-" Wanda started to say but the Widow interrupted her softly.

"I'm already going to be making myself breakfast. It's not any harder for me to cook a few more eggs. Unless you're going to cook the eggs for me."

"Yeah, I can make the eggs. You sit down." Wanda stood and grabbed the eggs from the refrigerator as she went to take Nat's spot at the stove and shooed her away. The Widow just conceded with a smile, taking her cup of coffee and taking Wanda's spot and popping a grape in her mouth.

"Aren't you going to ask how I like my eggs?" Nat asked with a teasingly raised eyebrow.

Wanda was already cracking eggs into a bowl to whisk them together, "Do you want them scrambled?"

She shot Nat a look daring her to tell her differently. The redhead smiled and conceded, "Yes."

"Then you can ask." Her expression shifted to a sweet smile and Nat laughed.

"You two should just kiss already." Bucky muttered from behind his coffee cup. The room froze at his statement. Nat's eyes flitted briefly over to Wanda who had turned a little pink. Bucky turned a little pink himself when he realized he had said out loud. He shifted in his seat, "I mean, ah.."

"Relax, Bucky." Nat rolled her eyes in a good natured manner, determined not to make a big deal out of his statement for the moment. She pivoted to a question for him, "What do you and Steve have going on today?"

"Right now he's on a run but later-" Bucky continued on telling her about whatever they had going on but Nat wasn't really listening, her thoughts slipping back to Wanda  who was focusing making breakfast with more concentration than necessary.

Natasha thought about how close she and Wanda had gotten over the passed few months. The Black Widow didn't feel like a hardened assassin when she was with Wanda. She felt funny and kind and loving. There was no pretense with Wanda as the younger woman just wanted her to be herself. And she wanted the same from Wanda whether she was romping around with little Wanda or crashed on the couch with big Wanda while watching reruns of The Dick Van Dyke show. She would be perfectly happy with continuing on with their routine, but Nat couldn't deny that something more was growing with Wanda.

Perhaps they had always been heading in the direction but Nat felt their turning point had been at the carnival. She couldn't remember the last time she had as good of a time with someone like that. For as much as she lectured Wanda to take a break, Natasha herself had a hard time of pulling herself out of work, but Wanda made it easy. And of course anyone with eyes could see Wanda was beautiful, Natasha just found herself a bit more mesmerized by it than most. And if Wanda greeted her in the morning with a cup of coffee and a kiss on the cheek, Nat found that her heart would skip a beat.