Fifth or Sixth Date

Wanda entered the kitchen, a wonderful, familiar smell wafting in the air pulling her into the room. She found Nat standing over the stove, "Is that paprikash?"

"Hey." Nat turned to her with a smile, "Yes it is. I remember you said it was your favorite growing up."

The Sokovian knew that Natasha was making dinner for just the two of them. It was a date they had arranged in advance. They spent a lot of time together and with the team so they had to work to set aside time like this just for them. If Wanda was counting correctly this was their fifth date. If you asked Nat, she would say it was their sixth date because she counted their trip to the carnival as their first date. Wanda disagreed, saying it didn't count because they hadn't declared the intention beforehand. Neither of them would back down from their position resulting in playful arguing.

For what Wanda considered to be their first date, Natasha took her to a roller skating rink. The redhead kept her hands on Wanda's hips to help her get stable on the skates and by the end Wanda was skating around easily with Nat, though she couldn't manage to skate backwards the way the Widow could during the couples skating. They went to the concession stand and got chocolate milkshakes and French fries. As they ate, Wanda asked how Nat decided to bring her there. The woman admitted she knew that Wanda liked the classical sitcoms so Nat thought she'd like a classic date. Wanda leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Natasha's lips, the cold from the milkshakes melting from their lips and giving way to warmth.

For their second date, Wanda insisted that they go strawberry picking. Natasha drove them out out of the city and into the country to a strawberry field. Wanda wore her overalls with the grass-stained knees and Natasha wore a big sunhat to protect her fair skin. The day was one of those perfect blue sky, fluffy cloud days with a perfect breeze. As Nat watched Wanda get excited about every strawberry she picked, she understood why they were out there even though she had originally been dubious of Wanda's plan. They took their strawberries home and endeavored to make strawberry jam they had picked so many. It came out a little runny, but all the guys came around to eat just spoonful's of it, moaning about how delicious it was. Natasha kissed her in front of the team for the first time, a kiss that was sticky and sweet.

For their third date, they went to dinner at Nat's favorite Italian restaurant that was a little fancier. They got dressed up and ate spaghetti in the warm glow of candlelight. Then after they drove home the women made out in the car for a while before shyly turning in for the night together.

For their fourth date, they ordered Chinese food and were going to watch a movie at home. Instead of watching the movie however Nat and Wanda ended up making out on the couch for a while longer. The brunette remember Nat's hands roaming over her back and sides, the memory almost enough to make her shiver with anticipation.

Their current date, date number five or six, Natasha said she wanted to make Wanda dinner but it was a surprise. The witch felt her chest warm and her eyes almost well up with tears at what Tasha had chosen. She couldn't resist kissing the woman soundly on her lips, her lips soft and but insistent against the other woman's. When they parted, the Russian had a slow, pleased smile on her face, "This is almost finished. Go pour yourself a drink. I opened a bottle of red if you want."

With a similar smile, Wanda pulled down two wine glasses from the cabinet and poured some of the wine in each glass. She turned with the glasses to Nat, "Anything I can help with?"

"No, go sit." Natasha shooed her towards the table as she started to plate the food.

Wanda went to sit at the table with Nat following close behind with their dinners. Before starting to eat Wanda held up her glass, prompting Nat to do the same as the witch made a toast, "This looks delicious. You always know exactly what to do."