Happy Birthday, Wanda

Wanda opened her eyes at 6:00 am feeling wide awake. She turned to Mama to find her still sleeping peacefully. The little witch wanted to let her caregiver sleep, but she was also to excited to try to go back to sleep. Because today she was turning 4 and all of her friends and family were coming over to have a party. She wriggled excitedly just thinking about it and what it would be like. She couldn't remember the last time she had a birthday party, so her memories of any she had before were pretty hazy. Though she guessed that this party wasn't going to be anything like the small, modest affairs she celebrated with her parents and Pietro before everything happened.

Big Wanda had been very sad yesterday, thinking about getting another year older without Piety. Mama held her for most of the day. She remembered her warm words and her fingers carding through her hair and even some tears reaching her scalp when Natasha cried for her. It had been a hard day, but now little Wanda just carried the comfort from it and knew that the only thing she had to worry about today was being happy and celebrating with her loved ones.

If those loved ones would wake up.

"Mama, Mama.. Mama." The little witch whispered loudly. "Mama."

"Hm?" Mama finally seemed to wake up at least a little bit as her arms tightened around the little Sokovian and she pressed a lazy kiss to her forehead, but didn't stir beyond that.

"Mama.." Wanda whined then nuzzled into Nat's chest, her mouth moving against her until it settled against her collar bone and started to suckle instead of trying to find her paci.

The Widow became more alert at this and she cooed to her, "Mm, good morning, little star. Happy Birthday!"

The little smiled against her caregiver and hummed contentedly as her hand stroked her lower back where her Moana jammies were riding up. Natasha started to pull up her own shirt, "How old are you going to be today?"

"Four, almos' as big as Bubby." Wanda lifted her head and showed four fingers to Mama. At least she was pretty sure it was four. Mama was exposing her chest and all thoughts except nursing left her head.

"That's right, detka. Almost as big as Bubby." Natasha allowed her eyes to sleepily close once more as Wanda shifted a little further down to take the closest nipple in her mouth. She sucked and Mama's milk came down faster than she anticipated. The little witch gulped and hiccuped a little before trying to continue her suckling. The small noise roused Natasha again though, "Easy, detka. Hang on."

Mama broke her latch with her index finger and sat up, positioning Wanda so the girl's chin was over her shoulder. The little girl complained at being pulled away from her milk so soon, "Milky peas."

However the hiccup that immediately came after her request proved the need for an adjustment and Nat ran a hand down her back, "Just a minute, honey."

She fussed a little as Mama tapped the middle of her back just below her shoulders blades until a little burp escaped her. Oh, that was better, Wanda realized as Mama helped shift her back down to her breast, though she stayed more upright against the pillows, which was a better position for the little witch. The pair relaxed again and Wanda latched onto her rosy nipple once more. She tugged more gently and the sweet milk smoothly flowed into her mouth. Mama smiled down at her with sleepy, hooded eyes, "You excited this morning, baby?"

Wanda nodded as much as she could and still keep her latch. She brought her hand up to rest on top of the breast she suckled from. Natasha smiled and wiped a little milk from the corner of her mouth, "Try to get a little more sleep, baby. With the party this afternoon you probably won't get a nap."

The Sokovian didn't want to go back to sleep, didn't think she could, but by the time Nat was moving her to her over to her next breast Wanda was half asleep. And she was fully asleep when her belly was full and Mama's warm seeped into her, making her utterly content and pulling her unconscious.