Play Date

"Mia!" Wanda smiled and waved from her highchair as Sharon and little Maria who had just walked into their kitchen where the team was floating in and out eating breakfast. Nat was feeding her yogurt but Wanda was still managing to get a lot of it around her mouth.

"Say hello, pumpkin." Sharon prompted and Maria rocked back and forth on her feet, not letting go of her caregiver's hand.

"Hi Wanda. Hi Auntie Nat." The little didn't sound very enthused as she did so.

"Hi Maria." Natasha gave her a sympathetic smile. "Would you like to sit down for some breakfast?"

Sharon helped her sit down in one of the chairs and put some fruit and toast on a plate as she spoken to Nat, "Thanks for watching Maria today on such short notice, Nat. The office just called with an emergency and I have to go in."

"It's no trouble at all." The Widow said as she swiped the spoon over Wanda's lower lip to scoop away some yogurt. "Maria is always welcome to hang out with us. We'll have fun."

Sharon held up a Mulan backpack, then set it next to Maria's chair, "Anything she might need is in here."

She then smiled at the little who sat in her purple little league softball t-shirt and high ponytail looking a little glum. Sharon ran her hand across Maria's shoulders and then twirled her ponytail, "I'm sorry I have to go to work, pumpkin. I promise we'll go to the zoo tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay, Mommy." Maria turned again pressed her face into Sharon's stomach. The blonde hugged tightly and rubbed her back.

"Be good. I love you, baby." Sharon kissed the top of her head and pulled away.

"Love you too, Mommy." The little girl said picking up her toast but watching as Sharon departed and told them goodbye.

"Bye-bye Auntie Shar'n." Wanda waved, a piece of strawberry in her hand falling to the floor. "Uh-oh."

The little witch started to float it back up into her hand but Natasha caught it before it made it to her, "That's alright, sweetheart. It was on the ground so it's yucky. Eat your other fruit."

Wanda turned her attention back to her tray scattered with slices of banana, strawberries and kiwi. Natasha set aside the mostly empty bowl of yogurt and returned to eating her own breakfast as Maria asked with a mouthful of toast, "Where is Bucky?"

"He'll be down any minute. Steve had meetings with Tony this morning so it will just be the four of us." The Widow said with a smile.

"Uh-oh." Wanda said again and Nat turned to find she had dropped another piece of fruit on the ground. She pointed to it, "Ucky, Mama. Es ucky."

Natasha shook her head with an amused smile having a sneaking suspicion Wanda may have dropped it on purpose this time to show Nat that she'd learned the rule. She leaned down to pick the piece of banana up, "Yes, it's yucky, detka. Let's try to be a little more careful with our food."

——

Watching three littles was not as difficult as one would think. They kept each other entertained mostly and all Nat had to do was corral them to the next activity and break up any squabbles that arose, which were rare.

Like she imagined it , when Bucky came down for breakfast and after saying goodbye to his Papa, he and Maria started to make their plans for the day, only asking when they could go outside and if there were popsicles for after lunch already. Natasha easily placated them, wiped Wanda's hands and face before letting her down from her high chair and led the little group out in the yard.