Bad Time at Bed Time

Sharon would consider herself a very capable caregiver, but with the three littles each needing something different as they got ready for bed things were quickly spiraling. Bucky and Maria were taking turns taking showers in the master bathroom while she was trying to give Wanda a bath in the bathroom connected to Maria's little room.

Maria hadn't been too happy about this turn of events, wanting very much to do her usual bath time routine with her Mommy. She had been good all day with sharing Sharon, but as she grew overly tired from the extra activity with Bucky and Wanda she was becoming less understanding. From where Sharon knelt by the tub, she could see through to the bedroom where her little was currently sitting on the bed, wrapped in a towel and refusing to get dressed into her pajamas without Sharon's help.

The blonde was letting her wait it out just as she was mostly letting Wanda cry it out. The little witch was bawling while Sharon tried to quickly rinse her off, the girl sporadically hiccuping for her Mama. She had just gotten Wanda out and wrapped in her own towel when Sharon heard Bucky yelping down the hall that he got soap in his eyes.

"I'll be right back." Sharon told the girls now sitting on the bed together. She knew when she got back Wanda wouldn't be there. When she left the younger little unattended, Wanda would take the opportunity to wander downstairs to sit by the front door and cry for Natasha. As she suspected, the Sokovian was out the door right behind her and heading for the stairs, each of her dramatic footfalls accented with a sob. The caregiver let her go for now and went to help Bucky.

She found him with his eyes squeezed tightly shut and arms out grasping for a towel. The woman got him a dry one to help clear his face then helped him finish his shower. Sharon then left him to get dressed and headed straight downstairs to go scoop up Wanda from the door mat, bringing her crying back to the bedroom. As she got Wanda laying down on the bed to get her into a diaper and her pajamas, Maria pouted, "Mommy, I need help."

"I'm going to help you sweet pea, but I have to get Wanda taken care of first." Sharon said then trying to soothe the whimpering little witch, "Sh, sh, it's okay, honey. You're alright."

"But Mommy, I'm cold." The girl insisted.

One thing at a time, Sharon thought as she gave her little options, "Maria, you'll just have to wait or get dressed yourself."

"Mommy, now." Maria stood and stamped her foot.

Sharon stopped putting on Wanda's shirt and turned  disapprovingly towards Maria, "That is not how we ask for things."

"Es not my fault Wanda es a baby." She snipped back.

"Maria Grace that is not how we talk about our friends." The blonde reprimanded her though Wanda didn't seem to notice the dig at her. At her caregiver's sharp tone and appearance of her middle name, the little girl wilted and looked down at the ground. Sharon softened her voice a touch as she ordered, "Now go pick out the jammies you want to wear and go wait in the big bedroom. I'll be there in just a minute."

Without anymore protesting, Maria grabbed a set of pajamas for herself and headed out to the other bedroom. Sharon got Wanda dressed the rest of the way and she was still sniffling. Bucky popped in the room then, "I'm ready fer bed, Auntie Sharon."

"Good job, buddy. Oh, your shirt is on backwards." Sharon set Wanda down and she predictably hurrying off to plop herself back at the front door. "Wanda, honey, come back here please."

But she was gone down the hall, sitting on her butt to scoot down the stairs. Sharon didn't have the energy to stop her for now, instead going to help Bucky put his Buzz Lightyear pajamas on correctly. Once righted, she took a towel and helped dry his hair more before getting a comb to brush through it. When she finished, she smiled at him, "Alright, all done. Let's go get Wanda then go help Maria."