Chap. 29

"So are you ever going to talk about it?" I asked Parker.

He looked over at me in surprise.

"Emily didn't stay up here for the weekend," I pointed out. "She left Saturday night."

He glanced back down at his phone, ignoring me.

"And you've been pissed off all week," I added. "Well, more than usual."

He continued to ignore me.

"So was she displeased in your choice of Audi?"

No answer.

"Was it the color of the car? Because gray doesn't quite seem like you, I agree."

"Shut the fuck up Lee."

"Well what is it?"

"I don't need to discuss my relationship with you."

"Well you need to discuss it with someone if you'd like to still have one."

He glanced back up at me, frustration and anger present in his eyes. "Fuck off."

"Was is something in the home movies?"

His jaw tightened.

It was Annalise. Of course.

He stood up, tossing his phone on the bed and running his fingers through his hair.

"It's fucking ridiculous is what it is," Parker stated, his voice low.

Oh here we go.

"It's not like I haven't had girlfriends before," he continued, pacing the floor. "And she's had boyfriends. I mean, we all know about Daniel."

I don't know about Daniel.

"I don't get what the fucking deal is."

"The fucking deal is that it's Annalise," I filled in for him.

"Who the fuck cares?" he demanded, facing me. "Why does it matter if it's Annalise or, I don't know, Barbra fucking Ann?"

I sense some pretty strong hostility.

"I don't remember you dating anyone named Barbra Ann."

"Not the time," Parker declined.

"It matters because you were in love with Annalise," I informed him. "And you weren't in love with Barbra fucking Ann."

He clenched his jaw, his right hand balling into a fist.

"And she probably feels intimidated by that," I continued. "And if I know you, which I do, you blow her off every time she tries to talk to you about it."

He turned his back to me, taking his desk chair and slamming it to the floor.

"Do you feel better?" I deadpanned.

"No," he declined, in a low voice.

"Well that poor desk chair had to suffer in your moment of anger."

He gripped the side of his dresser.

He was so much like my dad that it hurt sometimes.

My dad would get caught up in moments of anger too, hurling books and once even a lamp across the room.

My mom was the only one able to calm him back down, get him back to a state of rational thinking.

"I can't go back and undo what I did with Annalise," Parker said, in a low voice. "I don't get what she wants from me."