Chap. 46

"Are you packed?" Parker asked me, as I came downstairs.

I paused as I heard Ariel playing through the speakers.

"Don't ask," Parker warned.

"It's Disney Radio!" Emily blurted.

"You didn't even have to," Parker said, rolling his eyes. "She's been obsessed."

"Part of your world!" Emily belted, spinning circles around the kitchen.

"Suitcase?" Parker reminded me.

"What is the name of this movie?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "The princess is Ariel, something about Under the Sea?"

"The Little Mermaid," Emily reminded me, her jaw dropping as though I'd just a sin.

"Stop distracting him," Parker snapped. "Lee, suitcase. Packed. Let's go."

"Okay," I muttered. "No need to get snappy."

I headed back upstairs, grabbing my already packed suitcase before coming back downstairs, dropping it at the bottom.

"Oh how strange a place to be, till Edward comes for me," Emily was singing.

"Where is this from?" I questioned.

"Enchanted," Emily sighed. "I love this movie."

"I think you love every movie."

"A happy working song!" Emily belted, throwing her hands up in the air.

"We've unleashed a beast," Parker informed me, massaging his temples.

"Clearly."

And then came a song I knew all too well.

"Painting the roses red, we're painting the roses red," Emily sang, before taking a sip of her coffee.

"Oh look Lee, it's your childhood," Parker said, with a smirk.

"Shut up."

"So your favorite movie was Alice in Wonderland?" Emily asked me.

"That and Tarzan." Parker smirked at me. "He used to run around hollering like Tarzan, pretending to swing from vines."

I could feel my face heating up.

"That's adorable," Emily gushed.

"Why don't you both shut up?" I suggested.

"Take your meds," Parker said, with a laugh. "I need to get them packed."

McKenna came in during the interlude of Painting the Roses Red. "I left my suitcase next to Lee's, is that okay?"

"Sure," Emily agreed, with a bright smile.

"Disney?" McKenna questioned, leaning against the counter.

"She's obsessed this morning," Parker informed her, as the song ended.

And then came on the sounds of crickets chirping.

"Strange intro," McKenna commented.

"Come stop your crying, it'll be alright."