A Month To Live (4)

I was whistling a tune as I strolled out of school, thankfully the day was finally up and I was free from the hellhole. I was pretty sure I couldn't take much more of this. It may be time to call it quits and move on to somewhere else.

My bag was slung over my shoulder and I was slowly making my way to my car when I got ambushed for the second time. Remi jumped on my back making me stumble forward with a scowl. I shrugged her off of me before turning around and raising my eyebrow in a silent question.

'Beach, now. Dump your shit in your car and then jump in my brother's,' she said in less than a second, causing me to blink as I absorbed her words. She really did talk fast sometimes.

She headed to a red car which Bradley was leaning on and I thought hey, why not. I loved the beach. This could finally be something fun for me to do. I tossed my bag in my own car, before locking it.

Who was I to ask questions? I hadn't been to the beach in a long time and I was actually kind of excited at the prospect of going there tonight. This was the kind of fun I was supposed to be having, not sitting around learning about chromosomes.

I was just about to walk away before I remembered something. I unlocked my car and rifled around for the small pill bottle - just in case. It would suck if my actual one fun evening was ruined by a headache. I stuffed the bottle out of sight in the pocket of my jeans.

'Take your sweet time,' Bradley called from the driver's seat - the windows were rolled down because the sun was scorching hot. I hoped it would stay like this for the whole summer, not that I'd be experiencing the majority of it. But summer was my favourite season.

'I will take my time. I will,' I replied seriously, just to piss him off. I saw his eyes narrow ever so slightly and could tell he was about to snap out a reply.

'Children,' Remi said in a warning voice, stepping in between us as if we were going to attack each other or something - not possible seeing as I wasn't even in the car with him yet. 'Oh by the way, Raegan, you're sitting in the front because I don't want to be distracted by your bickering when I'm talking to Kyle. And Bradley, wait for Kyle, I forgot to tell you he's coming.'

I climbed in the front seat with a small smirk on my face. Seemed like Kyle irritated Bradley. Lame older brothers and their over-protective mode, made me kind of glad I didn't have one.

Bradley groaned. 'God, that guy annoys me,' he said, surprising me at his bluntness.

'Shut it - that's your sister's almost boyfriend,' I said, hitting him over the head as punishment. I wasn't too gentle either.

'He is not my almost boyfriend!' Remi exclaimed, blushing, I snorted at her words. Certainly a lie. 'But you do have to be nice to him,' she added as Bradley flicked my arm in payback.

'Your fighting is pathetic,' I laughed at him.

'Guys can't hit chicks you know that,' he said, rolling his eyes too. 'Well at least not unless they want it...'

'Good thing you aren't a guy then,' I replied snippily, sending him a wink. Teasing men about their masculinity usually hit home.

'You-' he began but he was cut off by his sister.

'You guys quit it, Kyle's coming over!' Remi demanded.

'He took his time,' Bradley complained in a slightly too-loud voice. I slapped him on the arm because Kyle was nearly within hearing distance and I didn't want him to get a negative impression from us. Not yet at least.

'Hey,' Kyle said in greeting, sliding in the backseat. I saw him shoot Remi a smile from the mirror above my head. Yeah, he was into her. Those goo-goo eyes he was giving her pretty much gave him away. 'The others are going in Tara's car because George's car is old as hell and Tara's is the only other one that's big enough,' he said.