A Month To Live (24)

I barely slept that night because I was freaked about about Tommy of all people being my neighbour. At least I had some explanation for the weird vibes I'd gotten from him. That creepy bastard had obviously seen me around. I mean, he could have mentioned it earlier! Also, if the others were such good friends with him, then why didn't they know where he lived? Surely they would have realised I lived right next door and told me? I guess... Bradley was the only one who had been to my apartment. And he said we wasn't close with Tommy. Maybe he didn't know where he lived.

I was pretty grumpy the next morning from lack of sleep but after a quick shower I felt a lot better. As I got dressed and sorted my appearance out, I tried to recall if I'd ever gotten dressed with the curtains open. Nah, I was far too paranoid for that, thankfully. At least I'd never given Tommy a chance to perv on me.

My stomach rumbled at me angrily and I rooted through the kitchen with a frown. Damnit, I had basically no food left. I'd have to go shopping. Maybe I could convince Bradley to take me on the way home from wherever we were going tonight. I bit into an apple and had a glass of water while I waited for my chauffeur to arrive. I realised I was in a surprisingly good mood for a change until I heard a knock on my front door.

I tossed the apple core into the garbage, making a mental note to take out the trash at some point. Bradley never usually knocked so this was strange behaviour from him. I pulled open the door and my eyes widened.

‘Hey, Raegan,’ Tommy said in a chipper voice.

‘Hello,’ I said bluntly, giving him a suspicious once-over.

‘I’m thinking maybe we got off to a bad start,’ he said with a sheepish-looking grin. There was something about his eyes though that made me think he was putting this act on.

‘What gave you that impression?’ I asked, not falling for his innocent looking smile. He dropped it at once and looked me over.

‘I don't know. It seemed like-’

‘Why didn’t you mention that you were my neighbour the other day when you saw me with Kyle?’ I asked, cutting him off.

‘I was nervous,’ he said, smiling slightly.

‘Yeah?’

‘Yeah,’ he repeated before changing the subject. ‘So you and Bradley, huh?’ he asked, raising his eyebrow.

‘What about us?’ I asked, not liking where this was going already.

‘You guys are officially an “us” item then?'

‘No we’re not,’ I backtracked with a grimace. ‘We’re just friends, I meant us in a general sense.’

‘I see,’ he replied, a smirk growing on his face. He leaned back on the railing. ‘For now anyway. From what I saw last night, you obviously have the hots for each other.'

‘What would you know about it?’ I laughed without humour. ‘You don’t even know me.’

‘I know Bradley enough...’ he muttered, glancing away as he crossed his arms.

‘I... he said you guys have barely spoken,' I replied hesitantly. He was probably just trying to get under my skin but I had the feeling that he'd just told the truth for the first time this whole conversation.

‘I've heard about him, from Kyle and Liam... even George,' Tommy shrugged.

‘Is that what you do?’ I asked sarcastically. ‘Just make assumptions on a person without even getting to know them?’

‘I never said I made any assumptions,’ he smiled, looking back over to me. ‘But there’s a reason we're no longer friends.'

No longer? So they had been friends? I frowned and shook it off. It really wasn't any of my business and anyway, Tommy could just be bullshitting me.