Chapter 4

The clock ticked all the way til' finally the school bell rung and all the students ran out, heading home. I felt relieved that school was finally over but I remembered I had to clean the toilets. I packed my bag and dragged my feet out of class.

However, Taehyung was nowhere to be seen. Then a thought hit me. Maybe he's there.

I went up to the third level secretly, making sure no one was suspicious of me. I ran to the storeroom and I already smelled smoke from outside.

I attempted to open the door up but failed, it was locked. I knocked, "Hey V, it's me, Open up."

I heard whisperings before the door finally opened.

"Ay, V we're supposed to -"

Taehyung pulled me in the storeroom and closed the door.

I coughed the moment the smell of smoke entered my nostrils. "You..." I gasped for breath.

Infront of me I saw Jimin and Jungkook staring at me with a cigarette each in their mouths.

Taehyung too, was smoking.

"I can't breathe...here," I exited the storeroom and continued coughing.

I felt disgusted at the sight of them smoking. I decided to ignore and went to the top floor, picked up a mop, a pail of water and all the equipments needed.

I whined and sighed and screamed and cried having to clean the toilets. It was so disgusting I kept gagging after scrubbing every corner. Sanitary pads were also seen strewn on some of the cubicles.

I was only done with 2 cubicles, 3 left. I dragged my pail to the next one. I didn't know why I was sobbing, it was really disgusting and tiring.

"Why are you crying," A voice said.

He dragged me out of the cubicle and snatched the brush and mop from my hands.

"I'm not crying, it's my sweat," I said and pretended to wipe my sweat.

"Yeah, yeah sure suck your sweat through your nose," He blatantly said and started scrubbing the toilet.

"I'll do it," I said.
"Shut up I'm cleaning."
"Get your own brush and mop. That's mine!"
"You go get it," He said and continued washing.

I sighed. I went out to the cleaner storeroom and returned with the equipments. I started cleaning too.

It was 5 in the afternoon when we finally finished cleaning. We both plopped on the floor, exhausted.

"How are we gonna wash other toilets when it's already 5pm. I wanna go home and do my homeworks," I sighed.

He too, sighed. "Just do it quick and we'll be done."

We carried the pails and stuff and went to the washroom just beside, it was the boys' washroom.

Yuck.

It was dirtier than I thought and I felt like vomiting. It was my first time in the boys' washroom and I felt so weird. I dare not land my foot flat as I walked on the toilet floor. I tiptoed to the sink and filled the pail with water.

I looked around the toilet and saw the urinal.

"Do you guys not aim properly?" I asked Taehyung and disgustedly looked at the urine on the floor.

"Sometimes we play around and do it everywhere," He jokingly said.

I shook the thought off my mind and poured detergent everywhere on the floor and started scrubbing dirt. Taehyung did the same but with very little effort.

"I'm tired already," he said and dropped his brush.

"C'mon, we still have other toilets to finish cleaning up," I said and wiped my sweat.

"You think I care?" He said and leaned against the wall, not doing anything. I sighed and walked to the first cubicle.

I was pouring some detergent around when I suddenly saw a cockroach crawling from behind the loo seat.

"AAAAAAARGGHHHH!!" I sprinted out of the cubicle and ran to Taehyung.

"Whatwhatwhat?" His eyes enlarged, a little shocked.

I turned to the direction of the cubicle and was about to faint to find the cockroach crawling out of the cubicle.

"THAAT!!" I screamed pointing at the cockroach and went behind him, tugging onto his shirt tightly. I was really, really scared of insects or any creepy crawlies.

He became blank for awhile.

"What the heck."

He pushed me aside and went forward to the cockroach. It was about to fly off when he stepped on it.

"There, dead," he said and turned to me.

I peeked at the cockroach which was already squashed flat on the floor. I gave a sigh of relief, but gulped at the possibilities of other insects hidden behind the other cubicles.

I reluctantly continued cleaning the cubicles while looking at every direction for almost every 30 seconds just incase any insect come attacking me.

I came out of the third cubicle and wiped my sweat. I checked my watch and it was already 6.30pm.

"Just stop work and let's leave the school," he said.

"We can't. Ms Gil will make us do other punishments or whatsoever. I don't want anymore troubles."

"She won't know, she must've left."

"She's not stupid. She would have told the security guards about it," I said, "but if you want to leave first go ahead."

"How can I leave you alone."
"That's very rare to hear from you, Kim Taehyung," I said and he glared at me.

I went to the next cubicle, heavily sighed for every minute while cleaning.

Just then, a hand gripped me by the arm and the brush and detergent fell out of my hands.

I was dragged out of the toilet.

"Yah! Kim Taehyung what are you doing?!"

He was still grabbing my arm and ran to where we placed our bags. "Pick up your bag," he said.

I was reluctant.

"Pick it up," he repeated whilst staring at me terrifyingly.

I quickly picked up my bag. He also did the same and we continued running.

We ran down to the first floor and I knew he was bringing me to escape out of the school. We sneakily walked and tried to find places to escape.

"There," I said and pointed to the open gate.

"No," he pulled me back, "there's a security guard behind that tree by the gate."

I looked carefully and there was really a man in white uniform standing by the gate. Surprisingly, Taehyung's eyes were really sharp.

"Why hasn't he closed the gate yet," I asked.
"Like you said, Ms Gil probably told them to wait for us."

Taehyung scanned his eyes through the places.

"Follow," he said and grabbed my hand and we quickly ran.

There was a fence. "We'll have to climb up," he said.

He climbed to the other side in only seconds and I stared at him awkwardly. "How do I..."

"Just climb it, I'll support, quick," he said.

I carefully stepped and climbed up the fence and then trusting his support and I landed on the other side of the fence safely.

"Nice view," he said and smirked.

I stared down and realised I was wearing a skirt.

"You pervert," I smacked him hard on the chest and he chuckled.

"Lets quickly get going before any guards sees us," he said and we both went off.