Chapter 24

"Bon apetit," we chorused together before starting to wolf down the delicious lunch set while everyone else ate the pathetic plain rice and side dishes AKA vegetables, vegetables, and more vegetables.

I felt awkward because I was the only girl sitting with the 7 boys - Taehyung, Jimin, Jungkook, Hoseok, Yoongi, Namjoon and Jin.

They're close friends chattering among themselves while I was sitting in one corner of the table, eating my food quietly.

Suddenly, someone took my food and I looked up, realising Taehyung was sitting infront of me.

"Yaahh... my kimchi," I said and groaned.

"I helped you find a hiding spot so I deserve to have your portion too," he bragged.

"Waahh, you both hid really well, I couldn't find you guys," Jimin said and stuffed his mouth with a spoonful of rice.

"Jiminnie pabo," Taehyung said, "I was hiding in the storeroom."

Jimin almost choked on his food. "Huh? All awhile? But I didn't see you?"

"I was behind the boxes, dummy," Taehyung said and slightly chuckled.

Jimin smacked his forehead and I slightly laughed.

***

Night came and it was campfire night before we return home the next morning.

We all gathered at the parade square and sat around the campfire that was being prepared. "Are you ready?" One of the trainers shouted and everyone got hyped.

They all counted down from 3 and the campfire was lit up. Everyone cheered and music was played. We all sang the campfire song and played some mini games. We also watched other classes performed.

It was already 9pm but everybody was still dancing and jumping around to the loud electro music that blasted through the speakers, even the teachers.

I wasn't in the mood to play around and I felt a little giddy. I decided to walk away from the crowd and escaped into the garden. Honestly, its not really a garden. It's like a mini forest because there's only tall trees around.

I slowly walked inside the garden and sat under a tree, sighing. There was still faint sounds of the music.

I just wanna quickly get home. I miss my bedroom. But at least I do not have to face my mom. I still hate her. I wondered how my grandmother's doing.

My chain of thoughts was interrupted when I heard branches rustle somewhere near me, eventhough there wasn't any gush of wind. I turned to see if anyone was around but its too dark. I became a little afraid.

I decided to ignore it and continued being in a daze.

"What are you doing here alone?" Someone with a deep, manly voice said.

I turned to see who it was. I could see someone familiar, with a little help of the moonlight.

It's Taehyung.

He walked closer towards me and sat beside me, our shoulders touching.

I looked at him, puzzled. Is he really Taehyung? Or is he a ghost? I rubbed my eyes and stared at him again.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" He asked me.

"Nothing, why are you here?" I asked and looked away.

"I don't know, I don't feel like having fun," he said, "Why won't you go there and party too? Seojun might get worried if you're not around."

I rolled my eyes. "Nevermind about Seojun, I'm sick of him," I said.