Chapter 19

School ended and I stomped out of the classroom. It had been a bad day and I wouldn't want to head anywhere but home.

"Hyejin! Hyejin babe, wait," Seojun chased after me. He lightly grabbed my arm and turned me to face him.

"What happened? You ignore me the whole time in class. Are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

"Nothing... I just..."

"Tell me," he said, "Is it that bastard, Taehyung again?"

I sighed and nodded.

"Did he say anything to you when you stood outside class earlier?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Let me just go home."

Just then, Taehyung walked past by us and went to his locker. "Wait here," Seojun said.

"Wait, Seojun, what?! No!" I tried to stop Seojun but he already grabbed Taehyung by his collar.

Taehyung was slammed against the locker and everyone around gasped at the sight of the new kid picking a fight with the school's biggest bad guy.

"I'm warning you, do not hurt Hyejin!" Seojun yelled in his face.

Taehyung stared at him,"Are you done?"

Seojun let go of him. Taehyung rolled his eyes and walked away, walking past me and his shoulder hit mine.

I sighed. Everyone was still looking at Seojun. He walked towards me, "There, everything's cool."

"No, you just made it all worse!" I shouted at him and ran off, heading home.

***

I finally reached home and sighed. The conflict between me and Taehyung is killing me. We always fought but he has never been so cold before. Will he ever talk to me again?

I decided to erase off all the thoughts and went to my room. Looking at my calendar, I instantly got a little cheered up. I would be seeing my grandmother tomorrow. Excited, I called her.

"Yobuseyo?" She answered.
"Halmeoni!" I greeted her on the phone cheerfully. "I'm going to see you tomorrow right?"

Suddenly, my grandmother became quiet. "Hello? Halmeoni waeyo?

"Hyejin ah..." Grandmother spoke, "Your mum just called me saying she will not be able to make it tomorrow. She's busy."

My heart dropped. What a way to worsen my day. "Halmeoni..." Tears started to form when I called out for her. "I really want to see you... ottuke..."

"It's okay my girl," she paused and coughed, "we'll meet some other day."

I sighed. We chatted for abit and finally hung up because she had a guest coming over to her house.

It was evening and mom finally came home. She entered my room and I pretended to read my book.

"Hyejin ah..." she said and sat by my bed.

She tried to hold my hand but I pushed it away. "What are you doing here? Why don't you just stay at work, work forever until you die!" I yelled at her. I just wanted to rage. I was having a bad day and she just had to make it worse.

"Hyejin ah-"
"You're the worst! You promised we'll see halmeoni! You canceled it for your work!" I continued shouting.

"LEE HYEJIN! I'm working because I need to put food on the table! I have to raise you! You are living well because your dad and I are working! What do we lack of? What more do you want? Money?"

I stared at her. "Love. You lack of love. You don't love dad, me, or halmeoni anymore. All you care is about you work."

I wiped my tears as I went out of my room, grabbing my jacket and went out for some fresh air.

*

I walked along the streets, as I tried to calm myself down. It was a little cold outside, and the sky was getting darker as the sun sets.

I wished I could go rant to Taehyung about everything. The fact that Taehyung and I are having a cold war troubles me.

I kept walking, and infact, I found myself getting closer and closer to Taehyung's place. Minutes later, I reached the front of his house.

I sat outside, reluctant to ring the doorbell. I started sobbing there, I didn't know why. I was feeling confused and messed up. I buried my face into my hands. What's wrong with me?

Suddenly the gate opened. I became startled and was about to stand up and run, but Taehyung already spotted me. "Yah... what are you doing here?"

I stood up and dusted myself. "Uhh... nothing. I just, I just..."

"Crying again? Why don't you go lie on your boyfriend's shoulder," he blatantly said and folded his arms.

I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing. I just want to apologise," I said and looked down.

"Ohh... whatever. But I'm not gonna apologise to you," he said.
"W-well I didn't tell you to..." I replied.

He sighed. "Follow me to get food for awhile then we'll go talk inside," he said.

I nodded and we went off.

***

"...So she canceled the plan to visit my grandmother for her work! How can I not be annoyed?!" I ranted at Taehyung while he ate his jjajjangmyeon. I frowned, "Are you even listening?!"

"Uhuh..." he said and continued chewing.

I groaned and rested on the sofa. "Are your parents coming back home or something? I never seen them around before."

"They said they'll be around in 2 weeks or something, I don't know," he replied.

"Good for you, your parents are away and they don't control you much, or spoil your mood," I said.

"Yeah, but I feel lonely, atleast you see your parents everyday," he said, and drank his water.

I gulped. Maybe I'm ungrateful.

"Ay Hyejin, come and clean this up for me before you leave," Taehyung said and burped.

"Yah! How come I have to clean after you eat?!"

"Of course, I listened to your rantings now you have to go help me clean up," he said and grinned, he came to sit on the sofa opposite me.

I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, my phone rang. "Yobuseyo?" I answered.

"Hyejin, are you okay?" Seojun talked on the line.

"I'm okay, Seojun, I just-"

I stopped talking when Taehyung was giving me a cold stare, I figured out he just hate Seojun so much for no one knows why. I bit my lip and I kept silent.

"Hyejin? Are you there?" Seojun spoke.

I put my finger to my lips, telling Taehyung not to make any sound or Seojun might recognise Taehyung's voice. Taehyung smirked.

"...I'm fine, what are you doing now? Have you-" I was cut off when Taehyung started making weird sounds, loudly, interrupting my conversation, and I tried my best to shush him up.

"Whose that?" Seojun asked me.
"I have to go, bye," I said and hung up the phone.

"YAH KIM TAEHYUNG!" I charged towards him and hit him.

"What? It's my house and you're talking to your boyfriend in my face. Are you trying to brag?" He said and pushed me away.

"Whatever! I'm going home," I said and left.