Chapter 36

The recess bell rang and everyone scurried to the canteen for break. I dragged my feet out of class, feeling a little tired.

"Annyeong Hyejin!" Mina put her hand on my shoulder and smiled at me.

"Oh annyeong!" I smiled back at her. I'm glad our friendship has returned back to normal.

"I'll eat with you today. Let's go!" She said and pulled my arm as we quickly went to the canteen.

We sat down at a table and put down our trays, then started wolfing down our food. We were just quietly eating when suddenly I thought of something to tell Mina.

"Mina yah," I called, "I have something to tell you about."

She swallowed her food and looked at me. "What is it?" She asked as she gulped down some water.

"I... I'm going to move to America next month."

Mina spat out water out of her mouth, "WHAT?! WHY?! Forever? Are you coming back? You're leaving Korea? For real? You're leaving me? You're gonna stay in America permanently? Whywhywhy?!"

I pursed my lips and said, "My parents are gonna start a business there and I have to follow them. Don't tell anyone about this, especially Taehyung. I'll just keep this matter private and leave quietly."

"But Taehyung's your boyfriend!"

"Yeah he'll find out somehow. I don't want him to change for now. I'd rather see him treat me normally. Promise not to tell anyone alright? I only tell you because you're my bestfriend," I said to Mina and smiled.

Mina pouted and pushed her tray aside, "I have no appetite to eat now that you have told me you're leaving."

"Aisshh... Little kid. It's nothing. We'll chat online and skype or something alright?" I told her.

She weakly smiled at me and sighed.

**
Eversince then, Mina became clingy towards me. I didn't mind, because it was my last few days with her before I had to leave. As for Taehyung, he was just being himself since he didn't know about me moving to America.

Weeks past and the day I'm supposed to leave was drawing near.

One morning, I came to school with Mina. We went to our lockers and took some books out, when suddenly Mina turned and stared at me.

I stared back at her. "Why the glum face?" I asked.

"Look at my calendar," Mina said and I looked at the calendar she hung in her locker. She marked on 1st July, and it labeled, 'Hyejin's Leaving ):'.

I looked at her and became emotional. I tightly hugged her and almost cried. "Hyejin please don't leave me!" She cried out.

Just then, Taehyung walked past us. "Who's leaving?"

I pulled away from the hug and stared at him, and gulped. "Uh, nothing. Nobody's leaving."

"Hyejin? You're leaving? To where?" Taehyung asked and stared at me. I exchanged glances with Mina, and we awkwardly became silent. Suddenly, Taehyung harshly grabbed my wrist, dragging me away to the third floor.

"Kim Taehyung let me go!" I yelled at him. He finally stopped on the third floor and slammed me against the wall.

He stared at me, his eyes a little worried, and he gulped. "You... You're not leaving me right?"

I looked back at him, and suddenly tears formed in my eyes. He came closer to me as I pressed my back against the wall, "Tell me, you're not leaving me. You're not leaving me right?!" He repeated, raising his voice.