Chapter 30

I was fast asleep on my bed when suddenly my phone rang. I groaned and sat up to reach for my phone.

"Yobuseyo?" I spoke on the phone, my eyes still half opened.

"Hyejin ah! I'm Mina. Are you better now?" She talked over the line.

"Uh... yeah. Why'd you call me," I asked.

"Oh, give me a moment," She said and I heard her squealing. I got puzzled and chuckled at her weirdness but still waited for her to continue talking.

"Okay, I'm back," she said, "I just wanna tell you that... that... I'M TAEHYUNG'S GIRLFRIEND!"

My smile faded and my heart felt like it was crushed into a thousand pieces instantly. Am I hearing correctly? Tears formed in my eyes without me knowing. I cleared my throat.

"Jinja?! Oh my gosh I'm really happy for you! Last long okay!" I said to her over the phone, trying to appear really happy for her.

"Thank you so much Hyejin! I'll buy a meal for the Master Hyejin okay!" She said.

I faked a laugh. "I have to go now alright. Annyeong~" I said and we hung up.

I sighed, hugging my pillow. Tears welled up in my eyes and began rolling down my cheeks.

Why am I so brokenhearted? Why would I be sad? All these questions left unanswered. I don't know if I should be happy for my bestfriend, when deep down in my heart it's just killing me.

I must be crazy. I tried hard to erase off the thoughts in my head and slept.

***

Monday came and I stepped into school but I already wanna get out. I walked slowly to my locker and was about to open it when suddenly I caught sight of something.

Taehyung was walking with Mina through the hallway, his hand on her shoulder, and they were laughing at each other, happily.

I felt a lump in my throat. I turned to my locker, trying to keep myself calm and ignoring everything. I quickly took out my books from the locker and slammed my locker shut, rushing to class.

I finally got to my seat and slouched in my chair, sighing.

Everyone else in the class were playing around, while I look like a rotting human sitting in one corner, weeping.

Suddenly, Taehyung and Mina entered the class, his hand was wrapping around her waist. I gulped, clearing off my tears.

"OHH!! Mina and Taehyung are a couple!" The boys in my class teased them and threw crushed papers at them.

"Stop it!" Taehyung shouted, everyone got startled and obeyed him.

The girls in my class congratulated Mina as she took her seat.

"Thanks girls. Thank you so much," she thanked them and vainly flipped her hair.

Mina then turned to me, and I quickly smiled at her, mouthing 'congratulations' to her. She smiled back and thanked me.

I looked away, feeling like a huge hypocrite.

***

It was break time and I didn't have any appetite to eat. I slowly made my way up to third floor.

I went past the piano and still walked on, when suddenly I heard footsteps behind me. I turned behind and there was no one. I faced back infront and continued walking.

Suddenly, I was pushed against the wall. He stared at me and trapped me with his two hands, pressed against the wall.

I looked up at him. "Move away, Kim Taehyung," I said and struggled to push him away. "I said move away!"